A Conversation for De Myelin Nation

Guestbook

Post 1

Moose }:8) BOYCOTTING ALL SMILEYS UNTIL YOU GIVE US A MOOSE!!!(the first to own a conceptual spork!!!)

If U wanna just, say hi, give us some feedback on the page, etc.. this is the place to do it.


Guestbook

Post 2

Bubble

Great Site !

Just literally signed up for h2g2 today, feeling a little bit green ! But keen to try and understand how this thing works ! Ahhhhh

ME sufferor since March 2002, my world has become a smaller place since diagnosis to cope with the symptoms, but think it might get a little bit bigger in being involved with h2g2.

Was a good friend of Douglas Adams, know he will be proud of me ! Love you and missing you hugely Douglas :o( I know you are looking down on me, the bright spark that you were, I know you are probably 'tutting' at me right now !

Could somebody hold my hand and guide me ?


Guestbook

Post 3

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Hi there! smiley - smiley
We have lots of hand holders here smiley - disco
We have ones that will poke you with a stick if you need that!smiley - laugh
We defintely have variety. Some are very techie NOT me!
Welcome and come visit my page! Just click on my name or any ones you see any where and you go to their personal space. People are friendly and helpful.

The help and panic pages are good.
ASK h2g2 on the bottom right of the front page is always busy 24/7.
The pale circle left top of each page takes you to the front pagesmiley - smiley

There will be many people wanting to visit you. Just say HI if nothing else on your pages introduction. You can change your intro entry at any time and your nickname , nothing else thoughsmiley - winkeye

The nickname is #1 (preference page) then your intro >>click on MY Space ( *yOUR space on the left side of each page)
An official greeter will come and a few other friendlies too.
Have fun and come visit soon!smiley - biggrin

I know about worlds getting smaller and h2g2 does open it up a bit more!In the De Myelin Nation we have friendlies from Australia,France,New Zealand, UK,Canada,US umm probably forgetting someone smiley - ermI like it because for me it has been both an inlet and outlet. YAY!
smiley - disco


Guestbook

Post 4

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F103650?thread=247457&post=3194962#p3194962 Me again here is a link to Terri and Yodas *eyes space! Many good folks there. We come and go, so it is not always instant like chat. Be patient,these people will always get back to you!


Guestbook

Post 5

zendevil



YEP! smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri has arrived to say hello! I'm just going to click on your name (at the top of your message), that will take me straight to your space, where I can talk to you in more detail IF you've written any sort of intro (even "hi" will do for now!)

--How lovely that you actually knew DNA himself; yes; I'm sure he's happy with seeing all us lot hooting away. Sorry to hear about the M.E; it's good that you managed to find the De Myelin Nation so quickly; how did you track us down?

--By the way, I'm an Ace (official greeter)-- the one with the big sticksmiley - winkeye! So if you have any questions, fire away; I'm not too technical either, but I know lots of people who are. Everyone's very friendly round here, especially if you say you're a "newbie"; so don't worry about feeling a bit lost at first.
I'm sure you'll find lots to do on here, it's a great site, literally changed my life; for the better I hasten to add!

smiley - cheers
smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri.


Guestbook

Post 6

Ellen

Hello researcher 223422. Welcome to h2g2. As the others have mentioned, once you write a little introduction, we can visit your space and say hello. Just hit "My Space", then hit "Edit page". If you want to see what kinds of things people put on their user pages, just click on any of our names. Don't worry, you can't get lost, because "My Space" will always take you back to your own place.

smiley - towel JE


Guestbook

Post 7

Bubble

Thankyou to everybody ! I have started work on my space and will give you guys a shout when I am done, to see if you can help me improve it !smiley - hugsmiley - biggrin


Guestbook

Post 8

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

YAY! Not just a number any more!smiley - biggrin
A Bubble! smiley - smiley
I like Bubbles!smiley - magic
We will be over soon to visitsmiley - run
smiley - disco


Guestbook

Post 9

Moose }:8) BOYCOTTING ALL SMILEYS UNTIL YOU GIVE US A MOOSE!!!(the first to own a conceptual spork!!!)

hey Bubble! smiley - biggrin


Guestbook

Post 10

zendevil


Whoooooooh! Moose sighting!

--not fast enough, she's the fastest smiley - reindeer in kangaland! Look, her eyes have gone already!

Be warned, my little mooselet, I shall e-mail you!!!

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri


Guestbook

Post 11

Moose }:8) BOYCOTTING ALL SMILEYS UNTIL YOU GIVE US A MOOSE!!!(the first to own a conceptual spork!!!)

really? smiley - run don't have much time these days...


Guestbook

Post 12

zendevil

Hi smiley - reindeer(for goodness sake, will someone PLEASE give the poor girl a smiley???)

--Yes, I'm pretty busy myself! Glad we both managed to find time to email though!

smiley - love
smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri.


Guestbook

Post 13

Moose }:8) BOYCOTTING ALL SMILEYS UNTIL YOU GIVE US A MOOSE!!!(the first to own a conceptual spork!!!)

yes!!!! GIVE ME A MOOSE SMILEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but N E ways...
yes...will get to archive/ entrance foyer soon...


Guestbook

Post 14

Smudger879n

Hi Im Smudger, just joined recently, why does the focus on these pages seem blured ?(or is it my eyes going with age) Why does the text not fit in the page? (even when enlarged)and why does a new screen appear every time I click on a different area of the site? I only want to know as Im curious, and new to PCs in generalsmiley - okand always wanting to learn more!smiley - coolsmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger.


Guestbook

Post 15

Moose }:8) BOYCOTTING ALL SMILEYS UNTIL YOU GIVE US A MOOSE!!!(the first to own a conceptual spork!!!)

smiley - yikes that's a big-stickable offense! ur lucky terri's not here smiley - winkeye
Qs like that go in the technical help convo!!!! (it's around here somewhere)


Guestbook

Post 16

Smudger879n

OOOPs!smiley - sorry Moose!, I wont tell if you dont shop me!! to Terrismiley - oksmiley - winkeye
smiley - cheersSmudger.


Guestbook

Post 17

Moose }:8) BOYCOTTING ALL SMILEYS UNTIL YOU GIVE US A MOOSE!!!(the first to own a conceptual spork!!!)

smiley - laugh i don't care...but if you don't stick to conversation subjects, it's will only result in more work for me...smiley - winkeye


Guestbook

Post 18

Ellen

Hi Moose! *waves* smiley - towel


Guestbook

Post 19

Moose }:8) BOYCOTTING ALL SMILEYS UNTIL YOU GIVE US A MOOSE!!!(the first to own a conceptual spork!!!)

yellow smiley - smiley


Guestbook

Post 20

zendevil



Hi there, 'tis she with the big stick, just popped in to make sure smiley - reindeer is still using me as the ultimate threat!

yellow indeed, does she not realise we are now on orange alert?

Expect guests my little sweetie-pies!!!

ta ta a bit!

smiley - zensmiley - devilTerri.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more