Name Games

4 Conversations

This is a simple game of the sort played in the pub/at work/wherever conversation has fallen to a lull. The name you get usually seems quite pleasingly accurate to yourself, and sniggeringly amusing to others. There are a few simple rules to come up with alternative monikers for yourself;

1) STAR WARS NAME
To find out what you would be caled were you a charachter in a Star Wars movie, simply take the first syllable of your surname (two or three letters, it's up to you), then the first syllable of your mother's maiden name. This makes your first name. Then take the first three letters of your first name, then the first three letters of the town where you were born to make your second name.
Thus the author of this entry would be called Bebel Matman were he to appear in Episode Three.

2) PORN NAME
To make the name which you should use should you ever "enter" the porn industry, use the name of your first pet followed by the first word in the name of the street where you live. For example, the author of this entry would be Bod London. Imagine.

3) REGGAE NAME
Simple, mon. Just take the name of your home town followed by the surname of the first politician you come across when you open a newspaper. "Irie", says Cuckfield Letwin

4) MOBSTER NAME
OK, here's the deal, you schmuck; take your favourite body part, follow
it with your favourite Italian food. Capiche? You better, or Lips Spaghetti will be on your ass...

As mentioned, it only usually crops up when conversation is at a REAL lull, but can be handy if looking for a pseudonym for use in chatrooms and so on.
If you have a little imagination, try and conjure up your own formula and share it here!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A882551

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more