A Conversation for The Flight Of Daedalus

Sign up for terranic government

Post 1

Mystrunner

Sign up here!


Sign up for terranic government

Post 2

Mystrunner

The Terranic Government will have lots of secret technology, moderate firepower, and should preferably be rather incompetant. Comic relief.


Sign up for terranic government

Post 3

ex-Rambling. Thingite. Dog. Pythonist. Deceased.

smiley - ghost Can only be on line infrequently, so I'll be a Gov. inspector, pulling inspections at totally inappropriate moments.
Has a little dog which, while being the pride of my life, suffers from allergies and incontinence (Marks territory frequently, shorting out major electrical installations and equipment), and is prone to being kidnapped, nessesitating immediate ransom/rescue. Character Will of course be critical of any rescue attempts and outrageously flirtatious with male agents, and will comandeer huge numbers of agent personel and troops to rescue "Precious".

Human (Inspector Irritatos) Will log in with a smiley smiley - diva and log in to play the dog with smiley - dog.

Basic purpose; to stir up trouble.

This sounds fun!

sound ok?


Sign up for terranic government

Post 4

Mystrunner

Must... stop... chuckling...

That sounds great. Since Daedalus is ai, and therefor thinking, I can only imagine what flirting would do... smiley - winkeye


Sign up for terranic government

Post 5

ex-Rambling. Thingite. Dog. Pythonist. Deceased.

smiley - ghost IST is signing up, too. smiley - biggrin We need a name, so I can advertise it. Already got it on my front page.
See ya!


Sign up for terranic government

Post 6

Mystrunner

Hm. we need a name, but one doesn't come to mind...

Any ideas? And do you know anything about running these things?


Sign up for terranic government

Post 7

I'm Still Thinking... Lord Of Hell.

smiley - ghost posting in IST's board;

I've never run an online game, but others have. Set a series of places, including a place for people to pick up assignments, and several places for the villians to attack and the heroes to defend. Set the style of continuity you want, like loose (the battle of the gods) or strict (Dog/Cat wars) and then set a discussion thread up so that players can talk ooc.
Be sure to write (For your own use) a general script, like you would when dungeon mastering. This is where you have an idea what type of assignments to set characters.
Don't for get to set assignments for heros, villians, and the govt. forces.
It might also help if you have players keep a list of their weapons,equipment, skills, and the weapons generally available to all.
(Bombs, ect).

Then let the players use their imagination. If they introduce a situation/character that goes directly agains the game, ooc them and explain this. Otherwise, let them go! See the Flea Pit (link through the dog house or QQ's page) for a well-structured campaign. I understand there's one on the Kingdom of baltwyn, too, and if you search, you may find others.

Good luck. My e mail is [email protected]. We can talk off line and cook up a script or a few surprises. It helps to have offline talks with the main villian and the main hero, to plan strategy and campaign direction. The dogs were doing this through a mailing list for a while, till we all got busy. I will be more available through e mail for a while.


Sign up for terranic government

Post 8

Mystrunner

Cool. I've got most of that. I'll set up a second page, for specifics.


Sign up for terranic government

Post 9

Mystrunner

Oh, the link to the Government headquarters is on the R&R page, in the headers. If you're using Goo, use the Goo-freindly link at the bottom.


Sign up for terranic government

Post 10

spook

smiley - footprints


Sign up for terranic government

Post 11

The Rogue aka Phoniex

i wanna be in the terranic goverment PLEAAAAAAAASEEEEEEe but i dont know what to be what do you think would apply to my specific talents


Sign up for terranic government

Post 12

Mystrunner

No talents nessassary, besides being mayhaps a little nosey and hauty at times. Good to have you on board, P!


Sign up for terranic government

Post 13

Mystrunner

Oh, and for discussion, planning, and other things among yourselves, go here: F105301?thread=227248&post=2658090#p2658090


Sign up for terranic government

Post 14

RMF Art Vandelay: Missing- Presumed Fed[Hero], Join DISF at A925391!

I would like to voulenter my services for the government.
I enjoy within my brain a large base of knowledge, but at the price that i have the common sence of most pieces of lime stone. I am also incredibly inept with any high tech equipment but shield myself from this fact by being around it all the time and either misusing it and/or breaking it.

So can i Join, Please?!smiley - grovel


Sign up for terranic government

Post 15

The Rogue aka Phoniex

they let a nutter like me on board they must let you


Sign up for terranic government

Post 16

Mystrunner

You sound overqualified. You're in!

Head over to the HQ, for a bit of discussion.


Sign up for terranic government

Post 17

The Rogue aka Phoniex

he seems nice mysty so what do we do


Sign up for terranic government

Post 18

Mystrunner

Check out your meeting thread.


Sign up for terranic government

Post 19

Sir Culdasac (Keeper of the Magical Monkey Flute-Commander of the Thingite Monkey Army-Patron Saint of Dueling-Muse of Monkeys)

I, Sir Culdasac, would like to offer my services as a member of the Terranic government. I will take whatever job you have avaliable.

*Turns to monkeys*

Now this is a very serious time for us monkeys. You must go to the monkey shop and stay there. Tend to the costomers. Be good little monkeys.

*Monkeys leave for the Castle Anthrax*


Sign up for terranic government

Post 20

Mystrunner

*Watches the monkeys leave.*

Well, you're in. Good on yer!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more