Mister President, Nebraska Is Missing! Episode 4

1 Conversation

Mister President, Nebraska Is Missing!

Episode 4

A collection of characters around a smoking outline of Nebraska.

Motherboard, who was Hard Drive's wife, came on next. 'Mister President, what your tribe has done to Nebrfaska's topsoil is unforgiveable. And your society doesn't have a clue about building it up again. We can do this for you, but you'll pay extra.'

'It's not just a matter of the land,' President Woodhed cautioned. 'Millions of American citizens were in Nebraska when it disappeared, and their constitutional rights have to be protected.'

'Let's call a spade a spade, Mister President,' Hard Drive replied. 'You want Warren Buffett back because he's rich. But suppose I told you that Buffett, like almost all the other Nebraskans, has a much better life with us, and would prefer not to return to your planet. According to our polls, most Nebraskans feel that way. They love our planet, which has olots of parkland, crystal-clear water, clean air, and no man-made deserts or asphalt jungles. It all boils down to what you're willing to pay to get Nebraska back. You can make us an offer, but don't insult our intelligence by expecting us to accept your printed currency. And PLEASE, we're not amused by cheap trinkets either. We'll give you 24 hours to think about this. Be forewarned, though. Nebraska has a lot of valuable minerals that you aren't advanced enough to make use of, so be prepared to pay plenty. We'll be in touch. Goodbye.'

Post 2024 Writing Project Archive

Paulh

05.02.24 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A88044005

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more