A Conversation for Gheorgheniplex: Space, the Mind Frontier

I'm not going into space

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Space can be whatever it is. I don't see how I could go out into it.


I'm not going into space

Post 2

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Humans perceive distance in miles/kilometres/light years etc.
"we" can only see as as far as our various format telescopes gosmiley - smileyand "we" still have to interpret what "we" see
at the end of the day - we still don't know nowtsmiley - smiley
and can only "specialise"

BUT! Someone is watching us smiley - whistle for sure!!!!! smiley - smiley


I'm not going into space

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Yes, we are spying on each other! smiley - tongueout

And now, with European going into lockdown, and the U.S. not far behind, we're going to feel more and more hemmed in. This is not a reassuring thought. The U.S. stock market went down quite a bit today. Gosh, it took eight months for investors to figure out that this thing is not going to have a soft landing.

MY take is that there are huge inequalities among people in terms of assets. House prices in Massachusetts are still going up. At some point, there will be defaults as the jobs picture gets bleaker. If you lose your job, how do you pay the huge mortgages? What will the banks do as people start defaulting?

Stocks are among the riskiest investments you can buy, but with higher risk comes the chance of higher return.

The question isn't whether there was going to be a market crash. The question was why it didn't come sooner?

The very rich can lose 90% of their wealth and still have a lot left. Those of us in the middle? I don't know, I just don't know.

At my age (72), it's customary to start reduce exposure to stocks, because there will b less time in which to wait for a rebound. I have a buffer, of sorts: some money I inherited form my dad. That is being kept in bank accounts. I have my fingers crossed that the banks stay solvent.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Gheorgheniplex: Space, the Mind Frontier

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more