A Conversation for Video: The World Is Too Much With Us

Some gorgeous shots!

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

But "sleeping" flowers? I used to occasionally see bumblebees fall asleep in my coneflowers. And, some flowers (such as Spiderwort of Blue Chicory) open up early in the morning, and are closed up pretty much by Noon.

Do flowers sleep? Unlike leaves, which have chlorophyll working hard while the sun shines, flowers seem to have work to do with the joining of pollen and ova. I don't know if they do that in the day or the night?

But, yes, Wordsworth was using his poetic license. smiley - ok


Some gorgeous shots!

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Well, yeah. smiley - laugh I expect he meant the flowers that close up for the night, like our mini-field of buttercups out back.


Some gorgeous shots!

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I love buttercups. I have a stubborn buttercup plant behind my porch.

Anemones are close cousins of buttercups, but their flowers are white, not yellow. I planted six of them several years ago, and they expansd their territory every year.


Some gorgeous shots!

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

That's the way to do it - get things that like to grow, and let them go. smiley - laugh


Some gorgeous shots!

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I have a neighbor who likes to denude ground so that nothing grows on it. He did it to the area where my anemones are growing now. My p[lantiong them was my revenge on him.smiley - evilgrin


Some gorgeous shots!

Post 6

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - biggrin Good for you!

Our next-door neighbours are young with small kids. I think this pandemic is driving him nuts. He cuts the grass more than once a week, which is driving us nuts - because we have to pay to have ours cut, and we can only do that once every two weeks. smiley - rofl Besides, we make our lawn guy cut around the wildflowers.


Some gorgeous shots!

Post 7

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Plus, the groundhog that has taken up residence behind my neighbor's shed is eating some of my precious plants, but not then ones I just mentioned.


Some gorgeous shots!

Post 8

cactuscafe

I love the effect of the words and images together.

Its great you've used that effect, because it makes you look twice, like, see nature in a new way, and that, to me, goes along with the message of this Wordsworth poem.

Yay!


Some gorgeous shots!

Post 9

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Thanks! smiley - hug


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Video: The World Is Too Much With Us

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more