A Conversation for Chaffinch

Comments: Chaffinch

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

FWR:

Sasha's shapes, shadows, and silhouettes never fail!

Subdued detail gives a romantic feel to this shot. Sometimes a study in detail fails to convey any mood, this shot is all about the moment not the subject.

DG:

That bird is well-posed on that branch.


Comments: Chaffinch

Post 2

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Great job of framing, Sasha.


Comments: Chaffinch

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I sort of feel sorry for that Chaffinch, because the breeding season won't start much before late April. Look at those bare branches! When breeding begins, there will be spiders, caterpillars, and flies to eat, but for now this poor bird will have to rely on kindly humans who stock their feeders with sunflower seeds and peanuts.

For all I know, the bird in the photo arrived before its mate. it's probably lonely. smiley - sadface

(Here I am, making broad assumptions about a bird I don't even know! smiley - biggrin)


Comments: Chaffinch

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks everyone! smiley - biggrin

"this shot is all about the moment not the subject."

Yes! smiley - magic


Comments: Chaffinch

Post 5

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I don't want to be the one to break the news about that to the bird, who probably doesn't want its day ruined.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Chaffinch

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more