A Conversation for Wood Stack

Comments: Stacked Wood

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

FWR:

Timber yards are great places to shoot. Here we have the different stages of timber. Logs to planks, to the actual fabricated wooden building in the background. The angle of the shot providing contrast and texture in a photo where the main subject could've looked flat.

DG:

Bob is always reminding us that our daily lives are never visually boring.


Comments: Stacked Wood

Post 2

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Check out this Ground hog you tube commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zto6FJRD56Q


Groundhogs are also known as Woodchucks.


Comments: Stacked Wood

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - laugh

I hadn't seen that Geico commercial before.

smiley - laugh

What happens if the groundhog in one town sees his/her shadow, while the groundhog in a neighboring town doesn't? How fair is it for it to be Spring next door to Winter?


Comments: Stacked Wood

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

There are some insanely amusing ads there. I like the one with both raccoons and woodchucks. We have both of them in my neighborhood...

Dmitri, do you think you'll win something by sharing? smiley - bigeyes


Comments: Stacked Wood

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I don't know, but I didn't share it. smiley - laugh Elektra did.

There are rival groundhogs now. But they aren't the 'real' groundhog. smiley - winkeye Poor Richard's in York, PA, and there's one in Dover called Doug. Raleigh, NC has one called Walter, I think.


Comments: Stacked Wood

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

We have fewer groundhogs here than we used to. A mother groundhog was discovered to be rabid last Summer, so she and her babies were euthanized. Those of us who grow plants beloved of groundhogs breathed a sigh of relief.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Wood Stack

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more