A Conversation for The View

Comments: The View

Post 1

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

FWR:

Ok, not all cat photos need to be cute! Hunting instincts at play here, the bright light through the window brought out the silhouettes, (obviously very black cats made this more pronounced!)and gave their outlines a slight halo. Look past the cat shapes, and there's a black bird just coming out of the shadows, which held their attention whilst I clicked away!

bobstafford:

It's like the front row at the cinema cats looking at birds. Excellent transition from light to shadow, a well-observed image.


Comments: The View

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Alice looked through the tiny door and saw the loveliest garden. She wished she could wander among the bright flowers and cool fountains.
(I'm carefully not quoting Lewis Carroll here...)

When I woke up this morning (assuming that I did actually wake up), I found that I was totally cat-blind. This was not by choice, at least not by my choice. There are no cats in the photo. You're stuck with me today. Just ignore me if you must. I don't need to offer pointers on doing that smiley - smiley.


Comments: The View

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

The outlines of the cats remind me of the silhouettes in 'Mystery Science Theatre'. smiley - laugh I expect the kitties to start heckling the bird and criticising its worm-hunting technique, which is what the robots do in 'Mystery Science Theatre'.


Comments: The View

Post 4

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

smiley - doh

Oh, silly me! The cats are down below, not in the scene proper.

smiley - footinmouth


Comments: The View

Post 5

FWR

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing us cats are invisible....apparently....that's Paul and Elektra..beware the Rise of the Whiskered Ones... we're all doomed....doomed I tell yas....spare a dime for an old petshop boy farda?smiley - blackcatsmiley - devil


Comments: The View

Post 6

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Petshop Boys? I like their music smiley - ok.

I have a friend whose cats liked to sit on the windowsill and look through the window at the birdfeeder. Nothing like free entertainment smiley - biggrin.


Comments: The View

Post 7

cactuscafe

I love the Pet Shop Boys. smiley - musicalnote

smiley - musicalnoteYou were always on my mind

smiley - coffee

Love this pic!!Kitties in the shads then the bright white light of the outside.

Strange thing is, I didn't see the kitties at first,I saw the lighter bit in between them as the main shape, like those optical illusions you get,silhouette illusions.

Great work mister.


Comments: The View

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

That is fascinating how the lighting gives the cats a slight halo. Excellent contrast between the black black cats smiley - blackcat and the pale outside scene in the bright sun, with the bird in the middle smiley - magic


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The View

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more