A Conversation for Colours of Wildlife: Little Egret

No Subject

Post 1

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

New wetlands? Good idea. smiley - ok Only, sometimes it's Ma Nature herselrf who creates them, as in Hunza, where a rockslide dammed the Hunza river less than ten years ago, creating a large lake and burying the highway that links Xinjiang Province with Pakistan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attabad_Lake

I've also seen hundreds of beaver dams, whle on a canoe trip in central Maine.

I don't know if egrets are considered especially beautiful compared with other birds, but they are certainly graceful-looking. They are there to keep the local fish and mouse populations in line smiley - evilgrin.


H

Post 2

Willem

Hello! Yes cool how in nature things change all the time, providing new habitats and such. I think beavers are cool! Sad we don't have anything like that here in Africa.

Well I consider the egrets very beautiful! But so are pretty much all other birds ...


H

Post 3

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Every day I see dozens of birds. Mostly they are small and some combination of brown and gray. They're all so lively and alert, though! They're beautifully formed. Maybe a lot of them are sparrows and chickadees.

Blue jays and robins visit my yard rather a lot. The robins probably want tasty earthworms (I constantly work to improve the soil fertility here, which gives worms rich, organic material to process). Every time Ip lant something new, I find earthworms in the soil.

Blue jays eat acorns, nuts, seeds, grains, and berries. Plenty of those around my yard.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Colours of Wildlife: Little Egret

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more