A Conversation for Significant Squiggle

Green

Post 1

minorvogonpoet


If you want a title for this one, how about 'The green spark inspires life'?smiley - smiley


Green

Post 2

cactuscafe

Good title, mvp. The Green Spark Inspires Life.

Hmm yes interesting.

Interesting to think of obscure titles. I always did love Paul Klee and Miro picture titles.

And song titles, especially when listed on the back of a CD, when you have weird albums like I do, they sound like surreal poems.

Titles. I do love a title.

Strange word, title. I wonder what are its origins. Must check. Funny if you type a word often enough it starts to look peculiar.


Green

Post 3

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

An especially long song title I just remembered is:
"The Sad But True Story Of Ray Mingus, The Lumberjack Of Bulk Rock City, And His Never Slacking Strive To Exploit The So Far Undiscovered Areas Of The Intention To Bodily Intercourse From The Opposite Species Of His Kind, During Intake Of All The Mental Conditions That Could Be Derived From Fermentation."

(Yes, I had to look up the full extent of that)

It does fill out the sleeve of the album nicely, but I prefer titles that are more pointed.

Getting back to your art and a title...

How about "Environmental eclipse" or the even shorter D.K.?

The green squiggles could be cracks into other dimensions. (creating a cause for more artwork)


Green

Post 4

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork

Apparently, there's a song titled, 'Our Lawyer Made Us Change The Name Of This Song So We Wouldn't Get Sued'.


Green

Post 5

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

"Title" derives from the old-French "title" (meaning: name describing function or rank)and before that the Roman "Titulus" (meaning: inscription, notification)


Green

Post 6

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

That is an honest song title if I ever saw one.

Another approach was taken for the song "sm@ck my b*tch up" by The Prodigy. "If we have a song that no radio station will ever dare to play, we make a video clip that no TV-station will ever want to show to go with it." No lawyers involved there, I guess. At least not before release.


Green

Post 7

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I was once deejaying at a radio station that played country. I made the mistake of leaving the mic open (we've all done it) while shouting to the station manager, 'Can we PLAY 'Up Against the Wall, Redneck Mother'?'

The FCC took no action. smiley - laugh


Green

Post 8

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

Stuff like that happens, yes.

Did you know that you are allowed to swear on Dutch national radio? We don't give a smiley - bleep (literally, we don't even have a smiley - bleep). A lot of artists from abroad know that and take the opportunity to sing their songs the original / rude way.
If I remember well, they did play the aforementioned Prodigy song here.


Green

Post 9

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - laugh I can believe it. Dutch is a very forthright language. While living in Cologne, I frequently watched the Dutch and Flemish news reports for the joy of watching those pretty newscasters make hilarious faces while talking.


Green

Post 10

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

move C4 to D8 and E7 to G12 and the portal WILL opensmiley - smiley


Green

Post 11

cactuscafe

smiley - rofl Interesting discussion.

smiley - coffee

(heads out wondering how Environmental Eclipse could be shortened to D.K.) (Reminds me of my recent algebra studies). (Although I'm still at elementary level. smiley - rofl)


Green

Post 12

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Algebra, I met him once, he couldn't speak a word of english smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye


Green

Post 13

Caiman raptor elk - Inside big box, thinking.

D.K. as in decay


Key: Complain about this post