A Conversation for The h2g2 Post: 03.09.18

Evil is easy

Post 1

Paigetheoracle

Destruction is more certain than taking a risk, a leap into the unknown. Festering resentment at your own failure is the easy way out as trust is taking a chance and hoping. Blaming others and attacking them is a sad fact of life and we mock those who take real risks because of our cowardice, in that we are afraid to do likewise. We make them out to be fools, taking unnecessary risks, while we bathe in miserable certainty: Christian going to the lions? No thanks!


Evil is easy

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

What interests me more than the false dichotomy of optimism/pessimism is the study of how a person, knowing full well what kind of horror humans are capable of, manages to accomplish something that requires faith and love without succumbing to either despair or its useless opposite, unfounded trust that 'things will work out'.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for The h2g2 Post: 03.09.18

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more