A Conversation for NajMo 20017 Wand'rin

7th November Wandrin

Post 1

Wand'rin star

At least four years ago my cathedral colleagues told me to get myself a winter coat for the long cold journeys on Mondays. So i went to the dress agency in the village and bought a long white wool coat and my first ever mackintosh -also long - for a total of £40,. This was less than half of what the coat would have cost new, and neither it, nor the mac, showed any sign of wear.
I have bought other things there over the years. There's someone out there who shares my dress preferences and has enough money to practically give away her "wrong" choices. I love the dress agency idea and this one in particular.
Anyway, i discovered last week that the mac now only just meets, and will certainly not go over a thick sweater. So I retuned to the shop to pick up a double-breasted dark green wool coat and a padded black waterproof, this time for a total of £45. (less than a third of what the waterproof was new -it was carrying its original swing tag.
The older coats will be drycleaned and then passed on to the Heart Foundation charity shop.
This doesn't really belong to either travel or technology, but is what happened today smiley - starsmiley - star


7th November Wandrin

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

They are excellent bargains! Great that you can pass on your coats to someone else via the charity shop, too, so good clothes are not wasted smiley - ok

Sadly my local dress agency closed a few years ago, but the charity shops are still going strong, and the quality of the clothes in them is even better than it used to be smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more