A Conversation for NajMo 20017 Wand'rin

3rd November

Post 1

Wand'rin star

When I was two years old I fell off my tricycle into a rose bush. The scar is still visible if you know where to look on my right knee. My next was a red adult Pashley which I rode round here and passed on to the postman to transport his foster daughter, (I had discovered by that time that any route out of Caistor involves a steep hill coming back)
My third trike was my main transport in Shanghai, where it was one of five among thirteen million bikes, and given to the elderly husband of my also elderly Chinese teacher when I left hurriedly after Tian'anmen.

The current machine, a large red beast, is sitting in the hall while I wait for the local builder to put me a new door on the old wash-house to keep it safe. It was bought for Duncan's mother-in-law, but didn't work out for her, so he and his good lady cycled it over here a couple of months back (Christina on an ordinary bike).
The hills are still steep thirty years on, but this machine carries an auxiliary motor,smiley - starsmiley - star


Key: Complain about this post

3rd November

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more