A Conversation for BB NaJoPoMo

I Think it is Because I Wear Glasses

Post 1

Bluebottle

People seem to assume that I'm a gadget geek smiley - geek. Now while it is true that in many ways I'm nerdy, for example I've liked 'Doctor Who' smiley - tardis and super hero films smiley - hero since the 1980s, long before it was cool to do so, I'm not in the slightest bit interested in gadgets and gizmos. I don't need the latest anything. My phone is roughly about ten years old and isn't a smart phone. I've never had a Walkman, iPod, iPad, iPhone - or iPud, iPid or iPed, come to that. Not interested in getting a tablet or electronic book reader. I enjoy running but don't feel the need to have a smart watch, just a device that dependably tells the time. I bought my PC in 2004 and it still works.

My hobbies involve writing and drawing – give me a pad of paper and pen(cil) and I'm happysmiley - biro . So the only thing I can think of that has led people to assume I'm interesting in modern devices is that I wear glasses.

<BB<


I Think it is Because I Wear Glasses

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Interesting - reminiscent of the Modern Life is Goodish episode where people thought Dave Gorman was a Doctor Who geek because he is a PowerPoint geek!

I have a bit of tech, but I don't have to have the latest stuff, it just has to do what I need it to do smiley - ok

I invested in a tablet/e-book reader 6 years ago to go with my non-smart phone that is over 10 years old because I found I needed a way to access the internet without having to sit up at a desk. Some of the programs on it are no longer working, though, so 'they' will force me to have to get a new tablet at some point... Similarly 'they' forced me to upgrade my computer when internal parts with built-in obsolescence disintegrated and replacements were not available...

"give me a pad of paper and pen(cil) and I'm happy"

smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

I Think it is Because I Wear Glasses

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more