A Conversation for BB NaJoPoMo

'It's Worse than Jazz Hands'

Post 1

Bluebottle

For several years the staff choir has been predominantly attended by women, with only Dave and I representing the male gender and being given all the low notes to sing. This means that, as we're outnumbered a good 10:1, we have to sing loudly to be heard and so we also have to ensure we remember our bits, as we sing different notes to everyone else. This means that we have to develop new ways to remember our bits, and I'm sure no-one would disagree that doing actions to help remember song lyrics is a perfectly valid approach.

Unfortunately the song we are currently learning is 'Abracadabra' by the Steve Miller Band. Dave and I have indeed developed some very memorable actions to do that really help us jog our memories and know what all the lyrics are – words that everyone else seems to be really struggling with. The only downsides seems to be that we can't actually sing the song without an attack of the giggles, and everyone else has started staring at us when we sing the song- but we do at least know every single word…

<BB<


'It's Worse than Jazz Hands'

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - snork Been there, done that...been yelled at...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more