A Conversation for BB NaJoPoMo

Pick a Card, Any Card

Post 1

Bluebottle

As my wife's having a birthday celebration this weekend and have invited some of her family and friends to attend, I thought it would be the natural time to start giving out some Christmas cards and the perfect way to save money smiley - 2cents on the extortionate price of stampssmiley - simpost. So I printed out a score copies of the Christmas crossword smiley - birosmiley - huh to distribute. I then went up in the attic and got the Christmas card bag out of the Christmas decorations box smiley - gift – this contains all the Christmas cards that we hadn't sent last year, the odd ones left in the bottom of last year's multipack boxes.
So with the cards and crosswords ready I said to my wife that we could write Christmas cards to her family and friends now, and thus save money on stamps as well as all the hassle of looking up postcodes etc. Yet she wasn't impressed, and said, 'I haven't decided what Christmas cards we're sending out yet'. I was generally assuming they'd be ones that contains words like 'Merry Christmas' somewhere in the middle and have pictures of such things as smiley - santa, smiley - xmastree, smiley - angelsmiley - flyhi, smiley - star, smiley - xmaspud, smiley - snowdrop, smiley - snowman, smiley - mistletoe etc on the front. The basic concept hasn't changed much since Victorian times (although the Victorians themselves sold very weird Christmas cards, of such things as genuine teeth, bacon, giant stag beetles etc.)

<BB<


Pick a Card, Any Card

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laugh

Very sensible idea, even if it is just a tad early to think about smiley - xmastree cards - the cost of stamps soon mounts up... Do you have a Scout Post in your area? The Wirral does, so that saves a little bit of smiley - 2cents as well as donating to charity.

I’m sure your wife will have a wonderful round number birthday party smiley - magicsmiley - giftsmiley - cake


Pick a Card, Any Card

Post 3

Bluebottle

As I don’t know what you mean by 'a Scout Post', I'm guessing the answer is no, and as of h2g2's Scout most interested in postboxes, I'm now wondering where I'm going to be posted…

<BB<


Pick a Card, Any Card

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laughsmiley - ok

It's this type of Scout A17719527 Their postboxes are just cardboard boxes but they deliver people's local Christmas Cards and the money from the stamps goes to charity smiley - ok


Pick a Card, Any Card

Post 5

Bluebottle

smiley - grrOh, them – splitters!

<BB<


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more