A Conversation for #3: Glastonbury Tor at Night

Great shot bob

Post 1

FWR

Love the way the fence posts far right look like a pilgrimage up the hill. And the chem trails....very northern lights. Well done my friend!


Great shot bob

Post 2

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

It is truly a wonderful pic. Maybe I am a luddite but there is something more elegant and crisper of shots done on film. Not that some of the digital photographers we are lucky enough to have on site aren't brilliant as well.smiley - smiley


Great shot bob

Post 3

minorvogonpoet

A lovely photo. Very atmospheric. smiley - applause


Great shot bob

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

Very atmospheric indeed - I like the colour contrast between the soft glow behind the silhouetted Tor and the brightness of the Moon smiley - crescentmoonsmiley - biggrin


Great shot bob

Post 5

bobstafford

Thank you all. smiley - biggrin

Thank you Minorvogonpoet for your kind comment.

I am pleased you all like it Sasha the glow in the sky that evening was just right.
The cloud as strangely appropriate as well and yes film is somehow more expressive.
The post pilgrims were a bonus and just the right place and you are the first one to have commented or perhaps the first to have noticed FWR, well done.

Very true Elektragheorgheni it is much better but so expensive and time consuming, so I tend use it less often as so many people dont notice the difference, unless its in medium format.


Great shot bob

Post 6

cactuscafe

Holy saints Mr Bob! This is the mystery of photography indeed, in fact it is really very mysterious and exceptionally beautiful.

Did you develop it in a dark room then? How long does it take?

I've never seen a moon like this, its like a dream moon, I can't estimate the time that the picture was taken, its so curious, all my time senses have gone peculiar. A very Glastonbury feeling in fact. heheh.

Those crossed trails in the sky are kind of like dreamtime paths, and yes, those fenceposts are like silhouette pilgrims, travellers from which time in history, I wonder? 'Cos its a timeless photo in so many ways.

We're going on a daytrip to Glastonbury next week, in fact. Now I'm not sure if I can wait. That moon is pulling me. I'll think of your photo when I'm up the Tor.


Great shot bob

Post 7

bobstafford

No CC it was a kodak slide 35mm. Kodak are very reliable. The cross is from jet aircraft from the local airfield, and the haze around the moon was a result of a little longer exposure time. I was not sure of the result at the time but it worked out quite well.

Pleased you liked it smiley - biggrin


Great shot bob

Post 8

cactuscafe

Oh, a slide!

Now, what about slides then! They are magic. I've forgotten about slides. Now I'll think about them.

My Aunty used to give us slideshows of her travels. And organised people kept them in special boxes.

It did work out well. That moon is really getting me. I can't wait to get to Glastonbury. Not that this moon will be there. This is a Bob Stafford special moon.


Great shot bob

Post 9

bobstafford

You can borrow the image and use it anytime if it makes you feel good smiley - laugh


Great shot bob

Post 10

cactuscafe

Oh, thanks! smiley - kiss I could sneak a screenshot of your Glasto moon, and carry it in my wallet.

My friend carries photos in her wallet and speaks to them. They help her make decisions. She likes saints mainly, and figures with halos. I think her new man might get a bit jealous though. smiley - rofl




Great shot bob

Post 11

bobstafford

How is the photo in your wallet CC


Great shot bob

Post 12

cactuscafe

Hullo Bob!

Pic looks great in my wallet! Seriously.

I took a screenshot, with your permission, did I have your permission? hope so smiley - rofl, then got a printout with four mini pics, cut one out, its in there with my cafe loyalty cards. smiley - rofl

I consult it. The Bob Stafford Glastonbury mystic moon oracle.

I should take a pic, try to get it to you.

We never got to Glasto yet, got delayed, but hope to get there before the Yuletide is upon us.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for #3: Glastonbury Tor at Night

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more