Mouse Journey

1 Conversation

Mouse Journey

Some mice having a wine and cheese party.

Next week I am embarking on a journey of reconciliation.

I will be on a train to a seaside resort where two young souls fell out and parted, to eat chips in the rain and watch old newspapers blowing across the deserted bandstand.

If this was a film script it would be intense, with edgy music. A seemingly estranged brother and sister meet in their hometown after several years.

The gulls will screech too loud and they will be too proud to talk. Once again they part. What is the hurt they share?

However, they say smiling is good for health, so I shall travel hopefully.

After all, in this case my brother and I only fell out about a white mouse.

smiley - mouse

This would ruin the intensity of the film.

He kept the mouse in his room, but I took it to the beach one day to show it the world and it disappeared forever.

Time has moved on.

I will be carrying a new white mouse for his young son.

I hope it doesn't escape on the train. We'll fall out all over again.

smiley - esuom

Create Archive

cactuscafe

28.08.17 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

Entry

A87893969

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more