A Conversation for Superfrenchie's NaJoPoMo 2015

SF's NaJo 2015: November 24th - End of the war

Post 1

Superfrenchie

Tonight, I'm going to war. Again.
I've mentioned in the previous NaJos the TV series "In Village Francais".
Tonight they're starting to show the second part of series 6.

The Germans are retreating. The Resistants are taking over. The Americans are arriving too.
The collaborationists have gone through a desperate phase of violent repression caused by the panic of the Germans leaving. They have killed several of the heroes, characters we had come to like a lot.
Now they're at the mercy of the resistants, and I've a feeling they won't show much of it at all.
I'm expecting scenes of cleansing (not sure if it's the right word, in French we call that period "épuration"), with women shorn for sleeping with the enemy, neighbours denouncing one another, and some such stuff.

The show is realistic and well written. I really like it. There's no demonizing of one side or the other, it shows the good and the bad in all characters.


SF's NaJo 2015: November 24th - End of the war

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]


SF's NaJo 2015: November 24th - End of the war

Post 3

Superfrenchie

My previous posts on the show : http://h2g2.com/user_journal/U9937105/conversation/view/F8387085/T8305651 http://h2g2.com/user_journal/U9937105/conversation/view/F8387085/T8311668


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more