A Conversation for Superfrenchie's NaJoPoMo 2015

SF's NaJo2015 : November 22nd - Exchanging roles

Post 1

Superfrenchie


Trainwreck.
French title : "Crazy Amy" (en anglais dans le texte smiley - shrug Don't ask, they do this all the time. smiley - rolleyes).


Amy is a thirty-something journalist for a men's magazine.
She likes to smoke (not only tobacco), she likes to drink, she likes to sleep with people. With a lot of different people, most of them only once.
She's happy with her life.
Her sister is happily married.
Their father is in a home.

Amy meets a man.
They really like each other.
It's a big change for her.

Should she keep on with her lifestyle, or should she get into a serious relationship ?


I'm not sure what I think of this movie.
We have a female lead, which is nice in and of itself.
But she basically has the exact same role that is usually given to men in romantic comedies.
She's a happy single person who doesn't want to commit.
She meets another single person who does want to commit.
And we follow them as they decide what to do.

I'm not sure I like the end message, to be honest I'm not sure what the end message is...
But I did laugh out loud several times. There are some good comedy moments.

All in all, I'd say I have enjoyed the comedy, I don't feel like I have wasted two hours of my life. But I definitely would not have paid for it.


SF's NaJo2015 : November 22nd - Exchanging roles

Post 2

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]

(Not crazy--at least, not that waysmiley - winkeye)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more