A Conversation for Amy P's NaJoPoMo 2015

Amy P's NaJoPoMo November 16, 2015

Post 1

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

We now have 2 dogs.

Well, to be strictly accurate, we've had the new dog for 3 weeks tomorrow. If we'd gotten her a few days later, I probably would've remembered to write about her before now--we got her a few days before Halloween, so pre-NaJoPoMo this yearsmiley - winkeye

Anyway, We've had Penny, our boxer, since she was 14 months old--she's now 5. We love her to bits, and I have lots of photos of her wearing PaperKid's outgrown dresses. We've talked on and off about adding another pet indoors (Notepad wants a kitten. When asked what she wants for Christmas, a kitten is the only thing she will answer. She's probably not getting a kitten this year...) but hadn't come to a firm conclusion either way. Except we certainly wouldn't be getting a toy breed--I don't care either way, but Tom doesn't like little yappy dogs that look like rats (his words, not mine).

Well, 4 days before Halloween, while Notepad and I were on a futile quest 'round the charity shops for a princess dress, I get a call from Tom. He was helping a family that was having to move ASAP and could not take their dog. "She came right out to me," he said. We spoke about it, with me being direct but not once mentioning the dog directly, since Notepad was within earshot (PaperKid was at home), and we decided to bring the dog home for the girls.

So we now have a 6-year-old 6 pound female chichuahuasmiley - laugh The stereotypical yappy rat-dogsmiley - rofl Who has decided that she is Tom's dog, though she likes me almost as much. Abby (originally named Tinkerbell...) has warmed up quite a bit to the girls, which is remarkable, really, since the home before the last one involved abuse from childrensmiley - sadface About the only thing she won't allow our girls to do at this point is pick her up--the children that abused her would throw her like a ball, so that aversion is pretty understandable...

Penny wants to play with Abby so badly (especially the first day--"It smells like a dog, but it's tiny! It must be a puppy! Puppies play!" *Rear goes up, paw bats, playful puppy barking*), but Abby will have none of it. Penny lets anyone and anything take food from her bowl (Tom caught a chicken in here once, chowing down, and Penny was just watchingsmiley - laugh) but let Penny pause near Abby's bowl, and eesh. Other than that, Abby's fitting in fairly well, and it's been less than a month.


Amy P's NaJoPoMo November 16, 2015

Post 2

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

"Tom caught a chicken in here once, chowing down, and Penny was just watching"

That would have made an interesting photo. smiley - winkeye It also means the chicken might think she's a dog.


Amy P's NaJoPoMo November 16, 2015

Post 3

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - biggrin

The small dogs definitely seem to have large views of themselves smiley - biggrin My partner used to tell me stories of her toy breed dog, who used to keep her friend's Great Dane in line when they went walkies together smiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more