A Conversation for Oddity of the Week: Rocket Park

Do we really want to have an argument?

Post 1

Bluebottle

How about a mature discussion instead, eh?

Let us calmly examine what evidence Huntsville has to support its claim to being the watercress capital of the world, and what Alresford has in its favour, and then make a mature decision.

Personally at the moment I have to say that as Alresford has a Watercress festival and, even more importantly, a steam railway named after Watercress, that is quite strong evidence in Alresford's favour.
What does Huntsville have? I assume it isn't called the 'US Space, Rockets and Watercress Center'...? (Catchy name, though).

<BB<


Do we really want to have an argument?

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl That WOULD be a catchy name.

I think they've sort of downplayed the watercress in favour of the rockets these days. Lord knows why, though. smiley - winkeye


Do we really want to have an argument?

Post 3

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

That's right at least watercress can't be associated with Weapons of Mass Destruction, at least as long as they don't let Monsanto modify its genes.


Do we really want to have an argument?

Post 4

Bluebottle

Forget the space sex lizards, has anyone yet sent watercress into space?

<BB<


Do we really want to have an argument?

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Good question. smiley - huh I know about the zucchininaut, but I haven't heard anything about watercress.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Oddity of the Week: Rocket Park

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more