The h2g2 Post 05.05.14

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 5th May 2014

Coming Up Hyacinths…

Tavaron's hyacinth. h2g2ers, how does your garden grow? Is all your family's land in window boxes, as the great Brendan Behan wrote? Or do you have a Back Forty to plough come springtime? Is your thumb green, chartreuse, or black? What grows for you?
Tavaron's got a balcony garden going, and she starts off Create's May Challenge with some lovely pictures to share. Alternatively, if you don't plant things, what else can you do? Do you frequent garden shows? Are you an aficionado of strange growths? Do you know something about the heritage of man's interaction with the plant kingdom? Find, photograph, write, submit. We're waiting for you!

This week's issue features lots of fun Stuff, as usual. Paulh gives us some weather thoughts. Benjaminpmoore is busy this week, and he tells us why, and how he copes. Willem's got a stunning bird, and – you guessed it – another fascinating plant.

Your Editor has been threatening a new cartoon series, and it's here, ready or not. Why the Nineties Were Gay will make you forget all those Pre-Raphaelite hotties. And Science Fiction Theatre is back, because of course the film industry has always been fascinated by the plant kingdom. It's so action-oriented. (A virtual h2g2 prize to anyone who spots the meta-irony in that comic.)

We hope your garden is coming up hyacinths. Or tulips, roses, something nice andsweet-smelling. If not, remember: dandelions are part of nature, too. Be kind, if you can.

There's always the flower shop on the corner.

Have a good week!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

ANIMALS AND PLANTS
  • Black-Casqued Wattled Hornbill by Willem
  • .

  • Sausage Tree by Willem.


BLOOMING WHERE YOU'RE PLANTED

PLANT LIFE

  • Yes, we have organic banans.
  • Fairhope, Alabama's lobster sign.

DRAMA
  • Science Fiction Theatre
  • LADEEE crashes.

CREATE-IVE PLANTING
  • Tulip on Tav's balcony.
  • .

FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87822976

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more