The h2g2 Post 30.12.13

0 Conversations

A crest bearing the legend The H2G2 PostA crest bearing the legend The H2G2 Post


Posted: 30th December 2013

You Are Going on a Long Journey…

A wizard looks into the future. It's that time of year again – how the weeks fly! – when we get out the Windex and shiny up our crystal balls. Yes, h2g2ers, it's the turn of another year in the Western reckoning. We won't go on about how it's just a number, and you could throw a dart on a calendar and call a day 'new year's', or how Dennis the Short got it wrong, or even how we're almost 300 years off, anyway. Forget about it. It's an excuse to stay up too late, drink, get maudlin over the past, and make a lot of promises to yourself you can't keep. Enjoy.

As you've probably noticed by now, our Front Page has received a makeover, and is all new and shiny for the new year. Thank Pastey for that. To see what else he found memorable about this past year, see his review right here in the Post.

Our Create Team would like to thank everybody for their memorable Christmas stories, and point out that come New Year's Day, there's a brand-new challenge. This one is about First Footing. Be the first to get your foot in the door on this one, you'll enjoy it.

Our contributors have taken time during the holiday season to inform, intrigue, and entertain you. We hope you'll find yourselves enlightened and amused by what's in these pages.

Enjoy the festivities, wherever you are. Happy New Year!


Dmitri Gheorgheni

ANIMAL STORIES
  • Poison-Dart Frog by Willem
  • .

  • Can't afford extra horses.


LIES AND VIDEOTAPE

ODD, BUT IN A GOOD WAY

  • Happy New Year, 1876.
  • The h2g2 doodle for 30 December.

NAMES AND DATES

JUST PLAIN WEIRD
  • A strange encounter.
  • .

  • US Prez mentions Area 51.
FEEDBACK, SUBMISSIONS AND DISCUSSION


The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page



Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A87817288

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more