A Conversation for I Couldn't Care Less: Name Your Price

Thanks for being frank, Benjamin.

Post 1

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

In these days when people are awfully thoughtless about blurting what their first stupid thought is out loud, thanks for discussing parts of life that people blessed with good health never think about. The whole thing about CANCER is so fraught. What do you say to people who are waging war with themselves? What can you say to encourage them and give them some energy for the fight? There is a human being in there, they are not only disease and don't want to be considered a victim.


Thanks for being frank, Benjamin.

Post 2

benjaminpmoore

That's such a common and complex issue with anyone suffering a long term health problem. The more complex the problem is, the more you have to work on treating it, and the more the person drowns under the weight of the baggage. I really don't know what the answer is to that.


Thanks for being frank, Benjamin.

Post 3

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

Well it sort of goes to being mindful of your conversation no matter to whom you're speaking to. Just don't blab anything if it is a stranger or an acquaintance. If it's to a friend ---check what their mental state is before addressing it. Try to be supportive and yet not intrusive. Not an easy thing to do, without the spirit but there it is. Unfortunately atheiests can't help at all here.


Thanks for being frank, Benjamin.

Post 4

benjaminpmoore

This is true, although the dilemma I face, and was talking about, really, is the business of responding to someone you are very close to,one way or another. If you are caring for someone who's illness requires a great deal of time and attention, it's difficult not to make their life ABOUT their illness, when so much of giving them a life involves addressing their illness. I don't know that faith in that circumstance helps. If the sufferer has faith then it probably does, but if they lack faith then, sometimes at least, it REALLY doesn't.


Thanks for being frank, Benjamin.

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Maybe it less a matter of 'faith' in the sense of having a theory about what you can't see, than faith in each other? smiley - bigeyes Just a thought on my part.


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for I Couldn't Care Less: Name Your Price

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more