A Conversation for 'Discworld Noir' - the Game

A87782683 - 'Discworld Noir' - the Game

Post 21

Geggs

I can answer some of those, not all mind, but some.

"the exchange between Lewton and the vampire pianist" refers to the little bit of dialogue at the start of the 'Noir' section. Maybe it should be made clearer that this is the case.

If it were, would that answer the 'Who is Samael?' question?

'Marion and Geoff' and 'Gavin and Stacey' were two TV programmes. And yes, 'The Young Ones' was also a TV programme.

In regard of Vimes, I can see your point about how this might be Lewton's perception of Vimes, whereas in the books we mostly get Vimes' perception of himself. That could explain the attitude changes, but would it explain the voice? The Vimes of the game sounds considerably posher than the gritty man of the street that we see in the books. Interesting idea though.


Geggs


A87782683 - 'Discworld Noir' - the Game

Post 22

Bluebottle

Page Turner:
Entry: 'Discworld Noir' - the Game - A87782683
Author 1: Bluebottle - U43530
Author 2: Geggs - U201647
A Flea Market Rescue of:
Original Entry: Discworld NOIR - A897906
Author: [...] - U198644

Hello Tav, thanks for your comments – changes have been made smiley - smiley.

First footnote deleted.
A footnote about Tsortese and explanation about the Agatean Empire added.
I've changed the 'the' to an 'an' and explained that Samael is the vampire pianist.
I've stated about television series.

With Vimes, although I can see your point, I'm sure I've often read Terry Pratchett say that he imagined someone like Pete Postlethwaite playing him. Postlethwaite had a deep, gritty voice, not a high-pitched whiny posh voice.

Can I ask whether you felt that he sounded like you imagined? I'm guessing that as you had a conversation with Mala about how Vimes sounded (and created a plausible explanation as to why) that he didn't.

<BB<


A87782683 - 'Discworld Noir' - the Game

Post 23

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - cheers

Yes, you are right, Vimes and his whole behaviour (not only his voice) didn't seem right. Although I can't remember exactly what we thought was wrong, it was too long ago.


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 24

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 25

Bluebottle

smiley - applauseWell done Geggs and [...]!

<BB<


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 26

Geggs

Well done <BB< and [...]! smiley - applause


Geggs


Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 27

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - applause congratulations!


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for 'Discworld Noir' - the Game

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more