A Conversation for Christians Ruin Atheist Christmas

Eeesh

Post 1

Awix

That sounds pretty horrific. This year I am facing the usual prospect of four days with my fundamentalist Christian sister and her husband and kids - I am extremely fond of them all, but I know to pack several thick books to keep myself occupied as there's not much prospect of anything on TV that's actually interesting getting past the house censor ('not suitable for the four-year-old'). If nothing else this piece has made me realise things could be worse. I feel I should say thanks and offer my commiserations at the same time.


Eeesh

Post 2

Peanut

Should we look forward to a new year review of cbeebies then Awix smiley - winkeye


Eeesh

Post 3

sprout

The horror. Can you not cut it a bit short, pretext an old friend arrived from the Amazon, only around for a few days?

Presents for kids is tricky - they do get a lot of pleasure from the whole xmas thing, but the volume of presents has to be kept reasonable.

Favourite St Nicholas present for my sons this year - £2 box of plastic toy soldiers... (Belgian Father Xmas comes on the 6th)

sprout


Eeesh

Post 4

Awix

My niece and nephew are too young to be especially demanding.

They're also too young (and their parents not really cine-literate enough) to be aware of films as something you go to see in a special place, so I'm not being sent off to watch 'Tinkerbell and the Secret Wings 3D' or whatever with them. Yet. Which is the Post's loss (I *would* end up reviewing it just in an attempt to justify going) but my (and their) gain, I think...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more