The Ray Harryhausen Sinbad Films - Project Page

1 Conversation

The Ray Harryhausen Sinbad Films | 'The 7th Voyage of Sinbad' - The Film
'The Golden Voyage of Sinbad' - The Film | 'Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger' - The Film
A shield depicting the masks of tragedy and comedy, a violin and a Greek column.
  • Project Name: The Ray Harryhausen Sinbad Films
  • Field Researcher: Bluebottle
  • Faculty: Faculty Of Arts and Entertainment
  • Start Date: November 2012
  • End Date: 12.12.12
  • Assisting Sub-editor: Galaxy Babe

Articles In The Project:

Conversations And Related Articles:

Back-Up Copies

As the author I plan to make a copy of the entire project for their own safe-keeping. This is because it is the project pages themselves that are subbed (not copies, as is the case for Edited Entries), so in the unlikely event of the Sub accidentally deleting a page, I have a back-up.

The Story Behind The Article

Ray Harryhausen has long been a childhood hero, ever since I saw Clash of the Titans as a child. I've been thinking about writing a Harryhausen-related article for a while1 and as I had booked tickets to see Ray Harryhausen: Special Effects Titan at the Harbour Lights Picture House2 I decided that now was a good time. I've collected most of Harryhausen's films, including his early childhood stuff and fairytales.

1In fact the bit about the various Sinbad actors' beards was written in mid 2011.2After the screening their was an unannounced Question & Answer session with Tony Dalton, Curator of the Harryhausen Foundation and author of many books about and with Ray Harryhausen (he lives on the Isle of Wight) who was the producer of the documentary. He brought along with him a skeleton from Jason And The Argonauts and the ornithomimus dinosaur from The Valley of Gwangi.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87778390

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more