A Conversation for Hellboundforjoy's H2G2 NaJoPoMo A Page

NaJoPoMo 2012 HBFJ 21st

Post 1

hellboundforjoy

My brother's in town, which is nice. He lives in Colorado. He helped on the Colorado Obama campaign and I credit him with giving Colorado to Obama. He worked very hard on the campaign. I couldn't do that even if I lived in a swing state. I guess I have some severe social anxiety when it comes to some things. I hate having to ask for things. I've had to ask for things for in my role as President of my Cactus Club and I have to take Klonopin to make the calls, if I make them at all. The last time I resorted to emailing the people cause I couldn't get up the nerve to call. How the Hell did I get to be president again? I never heard back in response to the email either. smiley - bleepers.

Anyway, my brother. The other thing my brother did was talk my mother into using the handicapped restrooms in a restaurant so we could go out for Thanksgiving dinner rather than eating whatever depressing meal was being served at the facility where she lives. She's in a wheelchair and she's refused to use handicapped restrooms. She's got dementia and she's always been difficult but since she had a stroke a couple years ago, she's been all the worse. It's pretty difficult to take her into a regular restroom. I've tried it and have refused to do it again, which is meant she doesn't get out much. It's hard enough to take her out without having to argue about the restroom every time.

So my brother. He talked her into using the handicapped restroom so we could go out. He doesn't live here, so of course when he comes it's a special occasion for her. He can get her to do things I can't get her to do. She's also refused showers and he got her to take a shower a couple of times. I don't know if she's showering now and I'm afraid to ask, cause it will fall to me to try to talk her into showering and I have no sway with her.

It is hard to take her places and I was just as happy to eat the depressing meal at the facility she lives in, but my brother was not happy about that. He wanted to go out. She wanted to go out too. But we'll go out and she'll sulk and complain the whole time. We're going to Mimi's. The last time we went to Mimi's she said she didn't want to go there again, but she's apparently forgotten that pronouncement and she's agreed to go to Mimi's. Everyone else likes Mimi's and the places that would be acceptable to her won't be open on Thanksgiving.

We were smiley - goodluck to be able to get a reservation at the Anaheim Mimi's. The Tustin Mimi's was full up. I just hope we can find handicapped parking, but that is unlikely. We'll probably have to block up traffic to get my mom out of the car and into the wheelchair then find a parking space somewhere.

My mom loves the holidays, but everyone else kind of hates them. I guess we'll see how it goes tomorrow. If it goes OK, I guess we'll be doing the same on Xmas. Yay.


NaJoPoMo 2012 HBFJ 21st

Post 2

Deb

It sounds tough. smiley - hug I hope you end up having a good thanksgiving anyway. smiley - hug

Deb smiley - cheerup


NaJoPoMo 2012 HBFJ 21st

Post 3

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

[Amy P]


NaJoPoMo 2012 HBFJ 21st

Post 4

You can call me TC

smiley - book


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more