A short while ago, lil responded to a journal entry of mine by remarking, 'I can tell you've been around the Prof too much.' The Prof and I discussed this remark, and decided not to reply. On the Prof's part, this is discretion being the better part of valour: lil knows where he lives.
She's got a point, though: hanging around the Prof can be an education in surrealism. He likes it that way, and so do we.
Recently, he let us in on a secret: he and his layabout friends (and other, possibly innocent bystanders)1 got together on a thread run by Jabberwock and started composing a list of book titles and authors. It's not that they all read books, you understand2. They just like to make up book titles and authors.
This is the first installment. How many more there are depends on how many of you write and beg me to stop. – DG
The h2g2 Virtual Library Unreal Reading List, Part 1
PS I hesitate to do this. I really do. But the participants insisted.
Should you be so like-minded as to have further reading suggestions of this variety, please….oh, lord, I shouldn't say this….please, choke, feel free to add them at the bottom of this page. (I'm going to hate myself in the morning.)
- The Bumper Book of Q.I. Tests.....by Ann Idiot
- Running: The Story of My Nose.....by Ivor Greensleeve
- God Really Exists, beyond the Shadow of a Doubt.....By I.M. Certain
- Love Hurts.....by Ms Di Vorce
- Love Costs.....by Mr Al Imony
- Love Sucks.....by A Kidd
- Get Up, Lazybones.....by Y. R. Yewsleeping
- Frére Jacques.....by Sony les Martin S
- The Big Bang.....by Guy Fawkes
- Spoons I Have Known.....by Guy Fawkes
- I'm A Star!.....by R.U.Sirius
- No More Posts?.....by Ava Go
- Keep On Knocking.....by Dom Ino
- Knock! Knock! Knock!.....By Isabel Working
- The Chinese Rent Man Calls.....by Shin T'in
- Cliff tragedy.....by Eileen Dover
- Catch a Falling Star.....by O Schitt and E Duckt
- The Cruel C.....A biography of a failed Soprano.
- Sleepless in Seattle.....by Ivor Nastikoff
- Around the World in 80 Days.....by Ryan Ayer
- More Tales of the Unexpected.....by Hymer Duff-Saikik
- Fun and Games with the 1x Table.....by I. Rish-Mathematician
- Fascinating Lines and Veins on the Back of my Hand.....by Frank Lee Bjord
- Big Noses are good for you.....by O. Otto Schnozz
- A Tale of Two Cities.....by C Double
- The Man in the Iron Mask.....by Candy Guy
List of irresponsible parties: