A Conversation for New h2g2 Feedback

BR: wording clarification

Post 1

oxygen

http://wsogmm.h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/home - front page
http://wsogmm.h2g2.com/ - same page different url

both of these pages look the same except that, when you are not logged into h2g2,
the three options of Log In, Transfer, and Register show up at the top of the page.
Once you are logged in, that section of the page disappears.
This is great design.
But maybe some clarification in the wording under the Transfer option?

"if you had an account before 2011 (ie with the BBC) and wish to transfer it to h2g2.com"


Could maybe amend it to read
"if you had an account before October 4, 2011 (ie with the BBC) and wish to transfer it to h2g2.com"

Yes? smiley - cheers

BTW excellent graphics on the new sign in pages!! Beautiful!!


BR: wording clarification

Post 2

oxygen


Should this and other typo notifications be in another place?


BR: wording clarification

Post 3

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

No, you got the right place. smiley - ok Sorry to take so long to notice -- I have taken down the details and will check whether it's been reported already. Keep us apprised of anything else you find, and thanks.
Lil
guru


BR: wording clarification

Post 4

oxygen


Am bumping this up because I still think this is an important issue.

Maybe not add in "October 3" but just "October" ?

Otherwise it does* read like anyone who was signed up before January 2011.
That's 10 months of registrants.
And, no it doesn't mean we think they are stupid.
It just makes it Clear.


BR: wording clarification

Post 5

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Thanks for the reminder, oxygen. The tech team just conquered a major bug before the weekend; Pastey is away for the weekend, and hopes to start eliminating the rest of the bugs next week.

Asteroid Lil
guru


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more