A Conversation for Writing Right with Dmitri: How to Be a Literary Imposter

Imposters, uh?

Post 21

cactuscafe

what?? smiley - rofl How exciting. Never seen Proust in French before, although my laptop couldn't figure the shortcut to Madeleine. Poor laptop, gets blamed for everything. heheh. I have filed the link, and will unravel the mystery of Madeleine. Anyway, I don't have a garden party this weekend. smiley - rofl.

is what I wrote in my previous posting. This is unusual, and yet to be expected when you live in a land somewhere South of Somewhere Else. smiley - rofl.

Somewhere Else is an interesting town. It is populated by thoughtwaves that shine luminous green when the temperature rises above 20c.








Imposters, uh?

Post 22

aka Bel - A87832164

I've always liked to go to Somewhere Else. I think it's where I'm invited to lots of smiley - coffee. smiley - winkeye


Imposters, uh?

Post 23

cactuscafe

Hey Bel, luvvy. Ah yes, I will check out you guys in your new place, can't resist. heheh. I will wear an ape suit on shy days. smiley - rofl.

Have a good flight. Don't forget your extra strong mints, a needle and thread and my email address, and send me postcards, no wait, I will send you postcards.


Imposters, uh?

Post 24

cactuscafe

yes yes yes beeeeutiful coffeeees in Cafe Somewhere Else!! Which is in the town of Somewhere Else. Beside the bus station, where buses arrive all the time, because they know there is Nowhere Else like Somewhere Else.

I wonder, will this be my last intelligent statement on BBC h2g2. heheh. I always thought my last words would be intense and poetic.

Still time. heheh.


Imposters, uh?

Post 25

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

CC, here are some pretty animal pics to send you off with:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/15061273


Imposters, uh?

Post 26

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

That reminded me of a hymn, perhaps fitting for the fact that we're all testing out the dimensional conversion as we speak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSjYHvcfn1U&feature=related


Imposters, uh?

Post 27

cactuscafe

hah! laptop understood glowing blue jellyfish and some insects and the Isle of Somewhere. heheh. Nice.

Messages received despite fading software, and fading bluejeans which is irrelevant, the jeans bit, but somehow necessary, and hey, tis me who should be sending you messages, because I am just going to Brighton and you people are moving house in cyberspace. Mind you, there are similarities.

Don't forget your pink mac in a pack, your grey and white stripy socks, your notebook containing 39 different recipes for creme caramel written backwards with an HB pencil, your 20ft tall plastic palm, and my email address. Thankyou very much.


Imposters, uh?

Post 28

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - rofl Good list. smiley - smooch


Imposters, uh?

Post 29

minorvogonpoet

I tried to read the Proust. If it's all like that, I think the word 'self-obsessed' will do as literary criticism.

Let's hope we'll all meet again on the other side of the great divide - the new h2g2. Unless I bump into you in Brighton, of course.
smiley - hug


Imposters, uh?

Post 30

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Lots to look forward to over there. Please trust me on this. I can't say more...smiley - whistle

MVP, that is a beautifully succinct way of describing Proust. (And many who adore him.) He went on and on and on...

I wish he had been confronted with the timekeeper at the Ignobel Prize ceremonies. She's an 8-year-old who tells prize-winners: 'Please shut up, I'm bored...' until they leave the podium.

In case you don't know about the Ignobel Prizes, look here:

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2011/9/30/ceremony-ig-nobel-research/

We watched the ceremony. It was a hoot, as usual - especially the opera they performed (about coffee, you'd have loved it, CC) and the Peace Prize, which went to the mayor of Vilnius, Lithuania, for running over illegally parked luxury cars with a tank. smiley - whistle


Imposters, uh?

Post 31

minorvogonpoet



smiley - rofl And they say scientists are boring!


Imposters, uh?

Post 32

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Heh-heh. Thought you might enjoy that. smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Writing Right with Dmitri: How to Be a Literary Imposter

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more