A Conversation for On Death and Riding a Motorcyle

Volvo beware!

Post 1

Outrider


This week a uk tv car programme, 5th gear, showed a crash test. It was the car pulls out on a bike doing 30mph scenario.

Although the biker would have suffered serious injury there was a couple of suprising results.

The riders upper torsou entered through the rear passenger window far enough to make contact with both rear passengers. Not particularly suprising, but in the uk kids have to travel in the rear seats! smiley - yikes . It's certainly not something that I've considered.

Even if the rider had entered either sides front door windows, Contact with the driver would be likely.

Major shock for me was that because it was 'low speed' the multitude of airbags protecting the sides of cars like Volvos might not deploy. This is because the sensors are set up for frontal and rear collision rather than side on.

So be warned Mr Volvo who doesn't see the biker, we might die on impact, but we really can seek vengance from the grave! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Volvo beware!

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more