A Conversation for Routines Before You Leave The House

My Morning Routine

Post 1

Ashley



I usually wake up around 6am and switch the radio on and drift in and out of sleep for a couple of hours. Then, half an hour before I have to leave I get up, wrap myself in my rather unflattering sarong (yes I have a sarong) and head to the bathroom.

My routine there is the following:

1) An intensive moisturising mask which lasts for 5 minutes.

2) I rinse that off, put toothpaste on my brush and head for the shower.

3) The first thing I do is brush my teeth in the shower (I find this task really messy so it's best to do it here). Once that is finished I then shave, if necessary.)

4) I then wash my face again with aqueous cream (no soap) and then rinse that off.

5)Then it's on with the shampoo and a quick rinse, then the conditioner which I leave in during the next step.

6) I then scrub my whole body with a Lime Scrub. Then I rinse my hair and body, apply more aqueous cream to my face, then rinse and get dried and dressed.

7) I then do my hair (all of 5secs) and then spray my cologne on my clothes (never the face).

8) I apply more moisturiser to my face and a separate one for my hands.

9) Make sure I have my five essentials for the day (glasses, phone, keys, wallet, passes).

10) Cuddle the dog.

11) Leave.

Good Lord, how anal is that?


My Morning Routine

Post 2

Mina

I'm suprised that you don't have to actually get out of bed at 6 to finish all that lot off before you leave for work!

And why don't you combine 2) with 3) and wash your mask off in the shower?


My Morning Routine

Post 3

Ashley


If the mask gets wet again it goes gloopy and gets attached in uncomfortable places. When it is dry it just peels off smiley - smiley

On those days where the grey hair shows through I get up 20 mins earlier to attend to that before anything else. (Usually once every two weeks).

Lordy, how gay am I? smiley - handbag


My Morning Routine

Post 4

PQ

call that anal...this is anal (although the times are approximate, I'm not *that* anal).

5:30am alarm goes off,
switch on radio,
lie in bed for one song(any more and I doze off again),
get up,
go to toilet,
turn on hot tap and the radio in the bathroom,
go into kitchen and boil kettle/make a cup of tea,
take tea into hubby(note *I* don't drink tea)
back to bathroom turn oncold tap,
back to bedroom turn on light,
put towels on radiator outside bathroom,
lie in bed for 10 minutes while bath fills,
have bath,
wrap up in towels and go back into bedroom,
kick hubby out of bed,
help hubby stand up so he can do his pull ups,
turn on hot tap again to re-heat bath,
back to bedroom fetch hubby's clothes and place on rad in bathroom,
panic about lack of flat clothes,
iron some clothes,
get dressed,
as hubby gets out the bath dry his back (just because I'm nicesmiley - winkeye...nothing to do with sneaky fondle)
clean teeth,
brush hair,
make hubby's brekkie & sandwiches(this has its own routine too...god I'm sad)
take brekkie & sandwiches into front room,
take hubby's specs and watch from bedroom into front room,
fling wheelchair in general direction of bathroom for hubby,
turn off radios, tvs, lights etc in bedroom, bathroom and kitchen,
put hubby's sandwiches and crisps in his bag in the car,
stagger out the house,
go back to turn off front room light, hall light and close front door,
sit in car in comatose state for 20 minutes until we get to hubby's work,
drive from there to my work,
re-brush hair to prevent arrival at work with hag-hair.



If I don't have the routine I forget vital things (hair brushing, getting dressed, turning taps on etc etc).

PQ(sad and anal)


My Morning Routine

Post 5

Barneys Bucksaws

If I didn't have a morning routine, I'd forget something.

The alarm goes off the first time at 5:40 - CBC radio, no buzzing sounds.
Hit the doze alarm and pull up the covers for 10 minutes.
When the radio comes on again, get up, shut it off and get dressed.
(I shower at night. If I did it in the morning, I'd likely drown)
Run interference with the cat on the way to the kitchen.
Feed the cat so she'll shut up and leave me alone.
Turn on the kitchen radio, and try and focus till I've heard the weather.
Drink 2 cups of coffee - its on a timer and ready before I get up.
At 6:30 make porridge, make lunch, eat porridge, put lunch in briefcase.
Brush teeth, brush hair, put in earrings.
Back to the kitchen. Check time, and have another coffee if there's time. By now its usually 6:55.
Put ID tag around my neck, check briefcase for lunch, mug, water jug, peppermints, files (I do carry some work stuff in there).
Bundle up in this order: boots, ski pants if its really cold, extra sweater, tam pulled well over ears, huge scarf wrapped around head, jacket. Check pocket for keys. Grab briefcase, bag with shoes, mitts, key in hand and we're ready by 7:15.
Walk to work, there by 7:40. Straight into desk, log into computer.
Back to lunch room, remove bundlings, make tea, fill water jug. Sit with the usual cast of characters till 7:59, and go to work.


My Morning Routine

Post 6

Coniraya

Doesn't anyone else get smiley - tea and the newspaper brought to them in bed?

Seems to me you lot rush out of the door without using deoderant!

I'm so glad I w*rk from home smiley - winkeye


My Morning Routine

Post 7

Barneys Bucksaws

smiley - coffee and newspaper in bed on my birthday, if it falls on a weekend.


My Morning Routine

Post 8

Beatrice

All righty....

7.00 a.m radio alarm comes on. Lie in bed having a stretch for 1 song. Unless it's one I don't like, which forces me up and out of bed.

EITHER

get into old jogging clothes, grab a bottle of water and CD jogman and run for 1/2 hr

OR

it's below zero outside and I decide I'm not risking slipping in that! Pull on white towelling dressing gown and shuffle to kitchen.

My son and daughter can both get themselves up, breakfasted, washed and dressed, so I'll just interject the odd Mom-style comment from a range including:

- Have you done your teeth?
- Do I need to sign anything for school?
- Break!
- Anybody got swimming today?

Put kettle on, go to loo, start with a mug of hot water with slice of lemon.
Listen to the weather forecast on the radio.
Mug of tea, grapefruit juice, toast and marmite.
Pluck a few hairs from my legs.

8.00 a.m Kiss the kids goodbye as they leave to catch the school bus. make sure we all know who's picking who up where and when.

Shower - facial cleanser, shampoo, body scrub. If I'm going to the gym later on I'll shave under my arms and my bikini line (King of Shaves Blu oil and Gilette Venus razor)


THE BEDROOM
Start with things that need time to sink in or dry - foot cream, deodorant, face serum.
Brush teeth. Pluck more hairs from legs.
Body lotion, face moisturiser.
Get dressed. Usually know what I'm going to wear and sometimes have the right underwear hung over the hanger in the wardrobe. But not invariably.
Make up - lip gloss, curl eyelashes, eyeshadow, mascara.
Perfume.
Run fingers through hair - I never brush it, but I might scrunch some wax through it.

MOVE TO HALLWAY
Grab pile of papers to take to work.
Put both mobile phones in handbag.
Check appearance in mirror.
Grab gym bag (always kept ready packed)
Keys are in the door...


... and we're off!


My Morning Routine

Post 9

samssassy

Gay? More vain than Gay. No one needs to spend that much time getting prepared for the day ahed, except maybe Pat butcher, and people around you should realize the beauty within. Being gay, they should realize this even more!!! smiley - smiley


My Morning Routine

Post 10

ScorpionPunch

Wow! How can you possibly get out of bed so early to do all that!

My morning routine-

6-
get woke up by dad
close door and turn on light so he believes I am preparing for school
go back to sleep

6:30-
wake up
throw on first set of clothes I see
try to keep hair from sticking up
fail
try and find something edible
fail

6:59-
run to catch bus
smiley - run

7-
catch bus
sleep


My Morning Routine

Post 11

Flying Betty- Now with added nickname tag!

That sounds better.

Mine goes something like this: (For days when my first class starts at 8)

7:10-alarm goes off
hit snooze button a few times
7:40-actually get out of bed
stagger to the bathroom
brush my teeth
attempt to put contacts in (usually happens)
put on first clean clothes I find
brush my hair
grab my bag and run to class


My Morning Routine

Post 12

GentleZacharias

I am fortunate enough not to have classes until about an hour after everyone else (perks of being a senior), so I occasionally get to sleep in, depending upon when my mother has to leave for work. Sometimes she can be persuaded to sleep late. Sometimes not.

7.00--Alarm goes off. It has three tones of bell on it, and every couple of weeks I have to change to the next one so I don't become inured to it. I hit the snooze and go back to sleep.
7.09--Alarm goes off again. I hit the snooze and go back to sleep.
7.10--Am wakened by hot, heavy lump on chest and fish breath in face. My cat stares at me with the baleful, expectant stare only a hungry cat can make.
7.11--Grab cat by scruff, grope for glasses, go crawl into Mom's bed, drop cat on floor.
7.12--Cat commences twitching her tail over my face, making me sneeze, and attempting to lay on my head.
7.30--Wake to mouthful of cat hair. Mutter, "Mom, do we have to go to school today?" (She's a teacher, and thus remarkably understanding about what we like to call "sleeping sickness". I.E., sick of school and want to sleep.)
7.35--Get up, feed cat, poke her while she's eating until she snarls, try to find clothes I haven't worn already this week.
7.40--Begin daily war with contacts. On a good day they work in thirty seconds. On bad days, ten minutes of wailing and stabbing my eyes with various objects.
7.45--Grab some frozen thing for lunch. Can't see too well yet; hoping it's not frozen gravy or a single salmon patty.
7.50--Return to bathroom, perform various ablutions, decide that hair is as good as it's going to get, wish I liked hats.
7.55--Grab bag, leather jacket, book, keys, wallet, chapstick; cuddle cat, curse about cat hair, ignore it and walk out the door.
8.00--Arrive at school. Usually a little early; slump in chair in library, sleep until first bell.
I'm not really awake until about lunchtime. Fortunately my really tough classes are after, when I'm actually functional.

-Rivaine
smiley - booksmiley - geek


My Morning Routine

Post 13

Waylander101

06:00:01 Clock out

06:00:02 Sprint (wheeze) to gate house

06:00:20 Security Check

06:00:21 Light a ciggie

06:00:35 Get in car

07:10:00 Arrive home

07:11:00 Get daughter up for school

07:15:00 Feed/water/clean/dress daughter

08:00:00 Watch cartoons until

09:00:00 Pack daughter off with child minder

09:00:01 Finally go to bed


My Morning Routine

Post 14

bomias

-8:00 radio turns on.
-wake up.
-hit snooze.
-radio turns on.
-wake up.
-hit snooze.
-radio turns on.
-wake up.
-hit snooze.
-9:00 finally get up.
-feed my fish.
-9:10 have shower
-9:50 (i take loooong showers) eat breakfast while checking e-mail, h2g2, yahoo groups, general surfing etc.
-11:00 brush teeth, dry hair, get dressed
-11:45 pack lunch/dinner for work
-12:00 have a snack while again wasting time on the computer
-12:15 pack backpack with work clothes, lunch/dinner, money etc.
-12:20 head off to work

i think that's the most long and drawn-out routine...I'm so slow and time-wasting when it comes to getting up. smiley - biggrin


Key: Complain about this post