A Conversation for Routines Before You Leave The House

Bypassing routine altogether...

Post 1

TeaKay

I find that leaving waking up until after you have left the house, preferably until you are comfortably seated in your lecture theatre/ office/ train/ wherever bypasses the need for a routine altogether- everything's already done, and even if it isn't, you can't remember not doing it anyway so you're not worrying about it!


Bypassing routine altogether...

Post 2

Fatman

I whole heartedly agree with waiting til I'm out of the house to wake up. This does, however, frequently result in me insulting my wife and kids in my semi concious stupor and not knowing about it until I get home later in the day.
As for routine, nothing helps set a pattern like trying to get children up, washed, into school uniform, breakfasted and out the door. This is why I try to stay asleep til they've gone.
I do admit to driving to work on autopilot...I barely know which way I'm going...the car seems to know the way for itself. Is this a routine or just part of my sleep pattern??


Bypassing routine altogether...

Post 3

TeaKay

O.k, we can revise my original idea by including...

"... unless you have children or a wife: in either or both cases, the 'Routine Bypass' is not necessarily a good idea."


Bypassing routine altogether...

Post 4

Sourdust

I know a wonderful antidote to stifling routine - it's call "unemployment". Sadly, the side-effects are a bitch.
smiley - erm


Bypassing routine altogether...

Post 5

Wand'rin star

I agree wholeheartedly with this thread. Of course, it does mean occasionally having to go back to the office on the other side of town when I get home in the evening as I've left the keys inside the flat and the spares are in my desk drawer or sneakily reading students' watches to see how much teaching time I have left, because MY watch is in the bathroom. I don't wear specs, but at this moment I have no idea where my sunglasses are and I own a total of eight umbrellas, but then so do most people in Hong Kong smiley - starsmiley - star


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more