A Conversation for Talking Point: Bond Gadgets

My Favorite Gadget

Post 141

Pastey

I have a *major* bug bear against these so called reality tv shows. I just can't see the point in them.
Don't get me wrong, I love spending a Saturday morning sat in a cafe with large windows, watching people walking past while I do the crossword, but why on earth sit in front of a television and watch it?

I used to watch tv a lot, and I mean a lot, but not so much these days. In fact, apart from watching a few videos the other night I haven't switched it on in almost a week!

History programmes, yeah, but they seem to be getting pretty much same old, same old at the moment. The only thing I watch them for is to see if Adam Heart Davies actually does kill himself in one episode, and to play spot the person I've met amongst the diggers and consultants.

Do like some of the comedies though, but Channel4 seems to have gone right down in my opinion over the last few years, the beeb is getting back the best comedies, with TLC as a definate good new one.

As for Radio, my new (old) car doesn't have a radio so I can't listen to it much, and they've blocked the 'net ports allowing me to listen to it at work over the 'net. The only time I get to listen these days is while I'm in the bath, and then it seems to be either Classic FM or, taking the suggestion of a friend, Radio3. Can Not stand Radio1.

smiley - rose


My Favorite Gadget

Post 142

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

ATM by biggest bug bear is why the hell is X Files on at 11.00, I usually work nights but on Mondays I have to be in at 7am, I like comedys mostly, the channel me and my mum watch the most is Paramount comedy as they show MASH and Fraiser which are out favourites, even with digital we quite often switch the radio on. In the morning it depends who gets downstairs first as to what gets on the radio if it's me it's Radio 2, my mum it's Radio 4 and my sister it's Classic FM, my daughter dosen't care she watches TV.
Ok another point, Do you think record companies put pressure on Radio stations to play their latest band's offering to death even if it's crap, one instance is this while I lived in London Simply Red's Fairground was due out and Pat Sharp the DJ at the time when it ended he said "we think that's great, so great we're going to play it again" by the time it was released everyone was sick of it. What do you think.

smiley - love Reefgirl


My Favorite Gadget

Post 143

Pastey

You've got to be right about the record companies, I mean, half the music that the mainstream radio stations, Radio1 and the slightly more dodgy local ones, play is abismal, but not just that, they're repeated again and again and again. Why? If I wanted to listen to the same song over and over I'd either buy it or tape it.

That's probably why Radio2 and Radio4 are doing so much better these days, they don't play the same songs. We did a little survey down the pub about a month ago. We were all 30 of us aged around 18 to 35 and not one of us listened to Radio1. So, the age group they aim at doesn't listen to them. I wonder why?

smiley - rose


My Favorite Gadget

Post 144

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I've come to the conclusion that the reason Radio 2 has become more popular is the Radio 1 listeners of 20 years ago now listen to R2 because they play the kind of music R1 used to, if that makes any sense and also the music is catered to a certain type Mon is Big Band, Tue is Classical, Wed is Country and Folk, Thur is Blues and Fri is Art Reveiw, which is probably why it's so popular, no local station does this I think

smiley - loveReefgirl


My Favorite Gadget

Post 145

dasilva

They played Black Sabb's "Paranoid" this afternoon smiley - biggrin


My Favorite Gadget

Post 146

Mu Beta

Well, that's virtually pop music since he played it for the Queen.

B


My Favorite Gadget

Post 147

dasilva

It's pop now but at the time, whooooooooa trigger (see my posts elsewhere about being two handshakes away *lol*) smiley - biggrin


My Favorite Gadget

Post 148

Pastey

Just listening to old vinyl instead at the moment, really ought to fix this radio.

smiley - rose


My Favorite Gadget

Post 149

dasilva

Oooooh, vinyl *drools* smiley - biggrin


My Favorite Gadget

Post 150

Pastey


Occasionally I listen to them on our original HMV Stereogramsmiley - cool But I don't like to use it too often for fear of breaking something on it.


smiley - rose


My Favorite Gadget

Post 151

dasilva

I get the cat to unsheath his claws, put one into the groove, then tickle him under the chin so he opens his mouth and twirl the record round by hand...


My Favorite Gadget

Post 152

Pastey

smiley - laugh

Superb! I've got this image in my mind now of your molested moggy!smiley - biggrin

smiley - rose


My Favorite Gadget

Post 153

dasilva

He enjoys it! Can't get settled at night without going through the Stones' Sticky Fingers smiley - biggrin


My Favorite Gadget

Post 154

Pastey

smiley - laughNot an image I wanted in my mindsmiley - biggrin

smiley - rose


My Favorite Gadget

Post 155

dasilva

Just picture his reaction when (this bit works better if you read it out loud and quite quickly) when he has to get his paws on Kylie's Greatest Hits...


My Favorite Gadget

Post 156

Pastey

smiley - laugh I almost choked on my water then!smiley - laugh

smiley - rose


My Favorite Gadget

Post 157

dasilva

Sorry, didn't mean to cause any discomfort smiley - biggrin


My Favorite Gadget

Post 158

Pastey

And yet you do *that* to your cat!smiley - laugh

smiley - rose


My Favorite Gadget

Post 159

dasilva

Got to be careful though, he gets overzealous sometimes, the damages he caused to Kylie's one night when I left it on the table...


My Favorite Gadget

Post 160

Barneys Bucksaws

Nice to hear we're not the only household with Old Vinyl. I've acquired some wonderful "originals" over the years, and I play them only occasionally. Don't want anything to happen to them, especially my '50's and '60's rock! Wouldn't let my cat near them!


Key: Complain about this post