Talking Point: Bond Gadgets

19 Conversations

A suitcase for all reasons

James Bond's supply of useful gadgets seems unending. He's managed to shoot at villains with a skipole, stun them with his phone1, and gas them by wolf-whistling at his keyring. Q seems to have managed to fit everything except the kitchen sink into a watch, and even the villains get gadgets; Jaws uses big teeth, Oddjob had his hat and Blofeld had pirahnas. If the bad guys get gadgets, we want them too!

But what is the most useful gadget that Bond, or any handy Researcher about town, could possibly need?

  • What gadget would you find most useful?

  • What would you do with a chopper2 that fitted in your handbag?

  • Design the most useful gadget since a rocket launching camera, and tell us all about it.

  • What's your favourite Bond gadget?

  • 007 not only uses false fingerprints but nipples too. What imitation body parts would you like?

  • If you were Q, would you let Bond play with your brilliant inventions?

A568721http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/571986.stmhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/science/hottopics/jamesbond/bondgadgets.shtmlA612451A184060A291728

Graphic supplied by Community Artist Clelba

1And not by menacing use of ringtones.2Helicopter. Stop making up your own jokes!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A869097

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more