A Conversation for World's Tallest Buildings - A Timeline for the 20th Century

Editing

Post 1

wickedrooster

I don't understand why you can't add photographs, thisis the perfect example of a time when photographs are essential. The Woolworth Building is incredible, it gives you a feel of how much things have changed.

Also I would like to see 'live' links to other guides and to other web pages (with photos!)


Editing

Post 2

xyroth

there is a simple (but not very good) reason for not allowing images.

the bbc is paranoid about not getting sued for hosting content from other peoples websites.

The effect of this is that they only allow the use of images from withing the dna subdomain, which is silly given the number of images which could be used from within the bbc.co.uk domain.

We have been trying to get movement on this position, but so far with no sucess.


Editing

Post 3

wickedrooster

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply. I now understand the problem. For what it is worth this is an extremely unusual and interesting place. The BBC should be proud of it but they are probably crapping themselves about it.

Skyscrapers are very interesting, are you thinking of writing anymore articles- such as the new towers on the world trade centre.

Rod


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more