A Conversation for H2G2 Researcher Code - Version 1.1

help!

Post 1

arwen, doing nasty essays. being a student should *not* involve work!

my guideml really doesnt like line breaks. i'm sure i'm using them properly, but evry time i try it gives error msg. also, you say nestle the code between and , but how?
please help!
thankyou


help!

Post 2

NAITA (Join ViTAL - A1014625)

Hmm, are you sure you're using the line breaks correctly? They have to be with the final slash, due to the nature of GuideML.
Did you know that by replacing A12345 with test12345 (where 12345 is any article number) in the address you get the GuideML for that article?
By using that I got the code for Master B's example, which is:

----BEGIN H2G2 CODE BLOCK----
Version: 1.1
RGB>$ Y N++ SG>+ A++ P:++ L-- M+ s V++ E+ PR++ p++ a++ B+ TV@ r>+ D T-- nh+ C++(-) m* t-

-----END H2G2 CODE BLOCK-----

Hope that helps. smiley - smiley
If I ever get in legal trouble in England, remember that you owe me one, ok? smiley - winkeye


help!

Post 3

arwen, doing nasty essays. being a student should *not* involve work!

thankyou! i was using not . and also realised i was trying to put in < and >, which you cant do in guideml (as i found out when trying to add my gator!) so i think it is sorted now.
(also think i'll be pretty sorted now if i get into trouble, cos my dads a magistrate, so i can have defence counsel and judge on my side! thanks for that!)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more