A Conversation for Project: Belief

Progress report?

Post 1

Gone again

Hi Ben,

How's the Belief project progressing?

Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"


Progress report?

Post 2

a girl called Ben

Well, the ones on the page are in and done, (did I put in the link to Montana Redhead's one on Heresy?)

I am not sure where Alji is with Religion and Sexuality. W*****E is not doing hers on Marian Iconography, and Hoo obviously isn't doing his on Bigotry.

Zagreb and Dr G may each do one on different aspects of Politics and Religion.

Ste is doing one on Evolution and Belief which I may use instead of mine or as well as mine, depending on how much the two entries over-lap.

I need to update the other one I did, and then bob's the end of your fishing line.

I am not sure how projects work, but on the 31st I will hand the whole lot over, either to Tony or to the Italics, I am not sure which, and heave a sigh of relief!

I am aware that we may need to fight the corner for the first-person entries, but I am hoping against hope that the Italics will take the view that they all balance out in the end.

Oh, and while I was thinking of the late entries I had a Radio 4 Moment - Late Arrivals at the Believers Ball: Dr and Mrs Tic and their daughter Agnes.....

smiley - run

B


Progress report?

Post 3

Gone again



smiley - laugh Not forgetting my deeply religious friends, Mr and Mrs Bell, and their daughter, Gully. Sorry. I ought to know better. smiley - winkeye

I hope the project goes well. Don't forget to keep us all in touch, so that we can follow its progress.

Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"


Progress report?

Post 4

a girl called Ben

smiley - laugh

From Africa, the Reverend and Mrs N'gellist and their daughter Eva?
And his brother-in-law, the Reverend N'glican, and his daughter Anne?#

smiley - winkeye

The best place to check progress is the project page itself. Mind you, I will drop a line in Mina's space to ask her what happens next.

B


Progress report?

Post 5

MaW

A931592 is my rather lame contribution - I had some trouble determining a suitable focus, and really it's probably got too much information about Wicca and not enough about what it's actually about (the title's awful too). In fact, I seem to recall that there's an Edited Guide entry about Wicca already...

* goes to check and modify stuff *


Progress report?

Post 6

Gone again

Hey, MaW, it's not as bad as you're making out! smiley - ok I think things would clarify very quickly if you write down (briefly! smiley - winkeye) the connection between this entry and the concept of belief, the keystone of our little project. What aspect of belief are you trying to shed light on?

Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"


Progress report?

Post 7

MaW

Yes, that's one of the problems with it. I just modified it by the way - all the information about Wicca was repeated in the current Edited Entry on the subject, so I just linked to that instead like a good boy.

Making that clarifying statement is something that is definitely needed, I'm just not quite sure how to do it yet. Since my area of research was 'why people choose neo-Paganism' I think I'm almost there...


Progress report?

Post 8

Gone again

smiley - ok So how about a title such as "Neo-pagan belief(s)"?

Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"


Progress report?

Post 9

MaW

It's not an investigation of neo-Pagan beliefs though, it's an investigation of why neo-Pagan beliefs are held.


Progress report?

Post 10

Gone again

"Neo-pagan beliefs - why?",
"Why follow neo-pagan beliefs?",
"Why you might choose neo-paganism"....

smiley - huhsmiley - biggrin

Pattern-chaser

"Who cares, wins"


Progress report?

Post 11

a girl called Ben

Jimster has posted a fairly detailed critique of all the entries here. I must admit to being extremely impressed by his level of attention to detail.

B

F51226?thread=238444?thread=&post=2828599#p2828599


Progress report?

Post 12

MaW

Pattern-chaser: All of those to me suggest the Entry's trying to sell neo-Pagan beliefs, which I won't do.

Nice critique from Jimster!


Key: Complain about this post