Talking Point: What's Your Favourite Sandwich?

16 Conversations

Half of an obscenely large salami sandwich bought in Manhattan, New York
Do not make a stingy sandwich,
Pile the cold cuts high,
Customers should see salami,
Coming through the rye

- Alan Sherman, 'Sandwiches'
He added that a Frenchman in the train had given him a great sandwich that so stank of garlic that he had been inclined to throw it at the fellow's head.
- Ford Madox Ford, 'Provence'

The sandwich is often maligned as the boring foodstuff of choice in our lunch-on-the-hoof desk-bound lives. But a decent sarnie, given due care and reverence, is much more than that. It's a lot to do with context, of course: hot bacon sarnies with ketchup on a Sunday; cooling cucumber sandwiches in summertime; Cheddar and pickle with a pint after a bracing walk. But when you're hungry, and it's well made, a sandwich is certainly not to be sniffed at1. If you've got any favourite sandwich recipes or ideas, we'd love to hear about them.

  • What's your all-time favourite sandwich?

  • What's in it? Is it fancy-pants or is it minimalist?

  • How do you make it?

Start a new conversation below and let us in on your sandwich secrets.

1It's actually to be eaten...

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A84483066

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more