A Conversation for The Great Sioux Nation and Mount Rushmore

Any change yet ?

Post 21

Sea Change

My current screen saver says "Regime Change Begins at Home". There's a non profit, called moveonpac, (or something like that) that has a website.


Any change yet ?

Post 22

Sea Change

I've out and out called Bush Jr 'our appointed chimp' on this site. It didn't get moderated.

There is evidence that his dad worked with his predecessor in the Iran Contra affair to subvert the American Constitution. It's a mystery to me that folk would expect the fruit to fall far from the tree.


Aphasia

Post 23

Sea Change

Do signers 'stutter', Rita?


Aphasia

Post 24

Rita

Do signers stutter? Funny you should ask that in the context of Bush II, by the grace of God, His Imperial Majesty of all the Americas Everywhere or Anywhere There's an Oil Patch.

Jane Goodall finally convinced most people that chimps are carnivorous and homicidal, on occasion. They can also sign and do it among themselves without prompting from human psychologists, surprising as that may seem.

They don't appear to stutter or if they do it's not obvious, probably because expansive stuttering in sign can sometimes cause accidents, especially if you're perched in a tree or directing traffic. Nervous twitching can sometimes be mistaken for communication among chips, or humans for that matter.

One of the stumbling blocks encountered when trying to devise a sign version of Esperanto is the obscene gesture which tends to vary depending on your cultural context. Whatever you do, try not to do it with your middle fingers and thumbs and keep your hands clear of your mouth if you value your dentation.

So it's all fraught with pitfalls of which stuttering is probably the least of your worries.

So for example, if a cop handcuffs me and questions me, how do I tell him I want to talk to a lawyer? Not that it's relevant as a practical matter since I won't understand the questions anyway unless they're written out. I could in principle read my own rights, but would that be in compliance with Miranda or not? And if an interpreter wasn't available how could I testify? By deposition probably and then how would a polygraph technician tell if I was lying or not?

Even with all these problems, I'm in better shape than Noxious Weed, I mean His Imperial Majesty. But I fear I have libeled plants as you have libeled apes. Even stones would be offended, and justifiably so. Can one offend the Void? Quarks and virtual particles? Would the universe implode if one could?

"If you're not with us, you're against us"?!!! How can this idiot, who pretends to lead all the Americas Everywhere, presume to unilaterally cancel neutrality? Why doesn't someone >> moderate << him? Surely he is out of compliance with the House Rules, Terms and Conditions, etc., yada yada, of the Entire World.

Well, the elections are coming up and if people were truly wise they will vote in the Libertarians or Greens or Communists or anybody else but major party candidates. Why not? What have they got to lose now that they won't lose anyway?

The Democrats are trying to register the rez and stuffing the ballot boxes to do it. We would certainly want that sort of representation, in the absence of the Emperor, wouldn't we? The Republicans just ignore the rez hoping it will finally go away, buried under a heap of strip mine tailings. Only the Libertarians, to my knowledge, have a plank in their platform that states in no uncertain terms that the treaties need to be honored. That's probably just talk as well, but it's more talk than we've heard before, officially.

So that leaves the option of secession. I wonder if we'd have anymore luck seceding than the rednecks did? I also wonder what high moral ground the Union would seize to defeat us? It wouldn't be slavery since they practice that now, and always have. If it's urban it's okay, if rural, it's not okay unless it's growing cash crops in Honduras. So they'll probably seize on something to do with strategic metals or petroleum reserves, don't you think? The Moral Ground of Gold and silver doesn't quite meet the standard anymore.

Not that it matters especially, but did you know that Butte, Montana is thought to be the richest hill on earth and did you know that despite that, more wealth, in the form of oil and gas, has been extracted from the Montana plains than the wealth represented by all the gold, silver, lead, zinc, etc., extracted from the Montana mountains? However, there is low grade chromium there so when the RSA runs out, The Great White Father return to turn those mountains into spoil using a multitude of stamp mills, dredges, and full-scale Tonka Toys. And that's but one region in the constellation of the richest land on earth.

Did you ever wonder why it's a richest land on earth despite being inhabited for at least 15000 years if not a good deal longer? Do you wonder how long it will remain the richest land of earth? If Noxious Weed, Sieg Heil, may the Lord the Bless Him and Keep Him Far From Us, has his way, you can probably measure that duration in decades, even a single human lifespan or perhaps even a single generation. Because what do you suppose this endless War on Terrorism is going to cost, not in funny money, but in natural resources?

Maybe that ought to make you stutter in any language.


Aphasia

Post 25

ChiKiSpirit -- A1008604

mm


who are the Libertarians though?

Post 26

paulie

I don't remember ever hearing anything about them. Usually what a person has to choose from is bad and worse and the unknown. I guess under those circumstances you might be tempted to go with the unknown, but that could prove to be a mistake. It's a shame really that it takes so much money and political power to run for office in this country, since the money and power are exactly what is making those offices corrupt. But how do you work around that, who is going to vote for someone they never heard of, even when the someone they have heard of is not exactly desirable? In my opinion the whole electorial process needs revamping, but I haven't a clue just how and where that could begin to happen. I think it's still true that policy can be guided by the majority, it's just that the majority is so confused they can't possilby get themselves together and state their wishes. For example the question of whether to enter into war with Iraq, from what I have seen most people are against it, yet the news reports that the majority of Americans support it. Where is this majority then? How do the news people get this information, and isn't it somewhat irresponsible of them to report on matters that are beyond confirmation? But of course they can report whatever they want, and in doing so I think they sway much of the majority to fit into the category that has been assigned to them. They just didn't know they were in support of war untill they saw it on the news. We all need to stop being such followers and looking for a like minded crowd to hang out with.


who are the Libertarians though?

Post 27

Rita

You're not making any sense. If voting the status quo is a known problem with adverse results for most everybody, why would the unknown be any more problematic? There's at least a chance that things might get better and a chance they could get worse or stay the same whereas with the status quo they stay the same no matter what.

Should I stay in a burning house because the problem is known whereas running outside poses unknown issues?


who are the Libertarians though?

Post 28

Rita

In order to stop being followers, we need to stop voting the status quo, correct? That means >> don't << vote major party. I think you can probably find websites devoted to Libertarians or any other party mentioned and decide which one most closely reflects your views.

I think the issues are little more critical than whether you ought to select jello pudding in preference to twinkies for your lunch. Yet the major parties are marketing their candidates as if they were products. And voters are accepting this totally ridiculous notion as if it were a prudent political decision.

Right now the economy is so tanked that people are more concerned about making mortgage payments than worrying about whether or not they agree with the warmongers. I think this is a deliberately intended consequence on the part of the people in power.

That's why it's especially important to vote against the major parties by voting for a minor one. Otherwise, the vote is wasted and will be falsely interpreted as a mandate. I don't believe that's what some us have in mind. Do you?


who are the Libertarians though?

Post 29

Sea Change

What Rita said.

I am hoping that now the Europeans have seized the office of Human Rights (in the UN) from the USofA that some First Nation will sue in the World Court, or apply for membership in the UN.


who are the Libertarians though?

Post 30

Rita

Rita Rousing Collection of Rebellious Slogans

Compiled from various sources. Please take notes if you think you'll forget them. While there probably won't be a quiz, you can still flunk.

>>>

Power to the People!

Cry Freedom!

Better Red than Lead!

Stamp out the Corporation before the Corporation Stamps out You!

Prosports is the Opiate of the People!

College Sports is the training ground for car salesmen!

You have nothing to fear but the morning commute!
You have nothing to lose but your petroleum based food!

Those who trade freedom for security become welcomers at Walmart!

The Enemy is US!

The World doesn't need another golf course or ski resort!

Education isn't preparation for life. It is life! So try to show you've learned something!

Feed need not greed!

Love your neighbor and screw your boss!

Live each day as if it were your last because it will be for somebody!

Governments are instituted among men. Communities are instituted among women. Which would you rather have?

If life is a bowl of cherries for the few, it's the pits for everybody else!

Be Green not Mean!

We need the Earth! The Earth doesn't need Us!

Bogus data statistically analyzed is still bogus!

Defy the Lie!

Freedom of Speech isn't a Right! It's an Obligation!

Suspend Suspension of Disbelief!

They've always lied. Why should they stop before the election?

If it doesn't look right, it's probably wrong!

And one of Shane's favorites,

Share, Play Fair, Take Turns, Tell the Truth! If kindergarteners can do it, so can you! <<<


Any change yet ?

Post 31

Ssubnel...took his ball and went home

Just thought I'd weigh in because I am fascinated by this topic. I believe Bush is merely the puppet we all watch dance while the real show is behind the scenes. A large portion of his cabinet are returning warriors from The Reagan/Bush Era a decade ago. The fact that Negriponte is our abassabor to the U.N. horrifies me knowing that he was involved in the now forgotten Iran-Contra affair. Along with Cheney, that would make two men who have a greeat deal of knowledge about Middle Eastern affairs. Add to that Powell, as Sec of State, and Bush's father, now executive in the Carlyle Group, with major shareholders such as Former Sec. of State Baker, and you hav a lot of people with a g4reat deal of interest in one particular region of the world. The fact that Dubja is incoherent or inarticulate actually works in their favor. This way he doen't have to answer any tough questions. If it were a guy like Clinton, a Rhodes Scholar, we would be much more suspicious of his motives. But hell, what do I know?


Any change yet ?

Post 32

Rita

Apparently, you know quite a lot about the powers that be hiding behind the throne, grand puppeteers all. You are to be commended. At this rate we'll probably have a nice dosier on the major actors for everyone to review to her/his horror or facination.


Any change yet ?

Post 33

Rita

My friend, Shane, had an interesting theory, which I'll call the LCN Theory, La Cosa Nostra Theory.

I was reminded of it tonight as I watched Bush express his heartfelt condolences for the tragedy involving Senator Wellstone, the only Democrat in a tight race to oppose the Iraq War resolution. Bush reminded me of a godfather, oozing a mucous discharge of deceptive sympathy, while secretly gloating about his latest successful "hit". While I couldn't really follow what he was saying since the video wasn't closed captioned, I got the body language and I think the people closest to the situation understood the nuances.

The Mob has taken over, according to Shane. Their principle businesses used to be narcotics, prostitution and gambling but now they're into oil, real estate, and military industries among other things. The Texas Mafia apparently has a great interest in middle eastern affairs and now that America has been reduced to the Sicily of the Western Hemisphere, they have a lot of muscle besides the FBI and the Marines at their disposal as well, desperate people willing to take desperate measures to hang on to the last vestiges of the American Dream gone bad.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more