Discussions relating to Luke Skywalker's h2g2 Account

6 Conversations

This page has been created in accordance with the Transgressions Procedure for Lifetime Bans.

It has been decided that Luke Skywalker will not be banned from h2g2 for life at this time. The explanation can be found below.

Representations by and on behalf of Luke Skywalker were considered at the time of the ban, but the Editors' decision is final. Further correspondence on this subject will not be entered into by the Editors. If you wish to discuss the events surrounding this, we'd appreciate it if you did it here, as Conversations are much easier to follow if they occur on one place. Thank you.

The h2g2 Editors

The Editors' Decision

We are not banning Luke Skywalker's accounts from h2g2 because although flooding the conversations in this manner caused a twelve hour backlog in the Moderation queue, and the office staff needed a lot of extra time to deal with the problem, we have reason to believe that no malice was meant. However, due to the frequency that other House Rules were broken, the decision to allow Luke Skywalker back onto h2g2 is conditional. The conditions are:

  1. That an email address is set in the preferences of all the accounts that are owned and operated by this Researcher, and not by a friend.
  2. That he stops repeatedly breaking the House Rules.

The accounts that this applies to are:

U197873
U197922
U198693
U198970
U202705
U202756
U202862
U202886
U202950
U203622
U203669

We will change the settings of all these accounts, to allow Luke Skywalker access to them, so that the new email address can be set. We will check that a working email address is on these accounts in one week. If by 7 October, 2002 a new email account has not been set, then we will ban the accounts permanently. No further discussion will be entered into if that happens.

Thanks to everyone for participating, and feel free to continue the discussion here


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A835445

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more