A Conversation for False Economies

Fascinating

Post 1

aka Bel - A87832164

if a bit long. It took me a while to read and understand. smiley - biggrin


Fascinating

Post 2

Vip

I was doing fine until I got to the bit with the glasses. But I thnk I caught the metaphor when the barmaid dealt with things. smiley - smiley

smiley - fairy


Fascinating

Post 3

Pinniped


I'm not sure if this piece quite works, but it's maybe worth pointing out that Ziv is a real person and that this is a pretty accurate reflection (I think so anyway) of what he thinks. Decko, Dave, Mickey and Denise are real too, and the beer-glass demonstration of how the economy works really took place.

Ziv definitely enjoys holding forth. I wrote the piece this way to parody his style, and to see if I could make a plausibly-learned lecture on economics turn out to be a bloke sounding off in a pub.


Fascinating

Post 4

Vip

Knowing that it's a real person does help a lot, actually. Initially I was wondering if it was a real viewpoint, or was it a trap to see at which point the reader realises it's a con. Then I felt silly because if it were a trap, I fell for it hook, line and sinker. smiley - blush Having that cleared up makes me feel rather more confident about it.

smiley - fairy


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more