A Conversation for Gosford Park Film Review

Alternative Writing Workshop: A813601 - Gosford Park

Post 1

U182074

Entry: Gosford Park - A813601
Author: Yttrium smiley - smiley - U182074

Part of the article is taken from the blurb on the back of the box.


A813601 - Gosford Park

Post 2

friendlywithteeth

...I quite like this. However, if part of it is taken from the blurb, then it isn't original: which means that it's not something that could be go anywhere...

What if you were to get rid of the blurb, perhaps writing it in your own words and shortened the description of the film and wrote a review of it? You could say what were the strengths and weaknesses of it etc.

This would be ideal material for <./>The-Post</.> smiley - ok


A813601 - Gosford Park

Post 3

a girl called Ben

I agree with fwt. This is informative if you have not seen the movie, and some re-writing would make this a film review The Post might be interested in running.

Ben
smiley - brr


A813601 - Gosford Park

Post 4

sprout

Yep. As this has been out quite a while now (The Post does more recent film reviews I think) you could even polish it nicely (and in your own words and turn it into the future EG entry on Gosford Park - the Film. To do this, you would need to put it into Peer Review, but make sure it is original work first.

Sprout


A813601 - Gosford Park

Post 5

U182074

Ok, sounds good!

Once I get some time, I'll rewrite the paragraph that consists largely of the blurb into my own words and submit to peer review. Thank you for your time, and for being so complimentary *blush* smiley - smiley


A813601 - Gosford Park

Post 6

a girl called Ben

That's why we are here smiley - ok - if you want to return the favour, simply pass it on, and spend some time in AWW or in PR reading and commenting on other peoples' entries.

It's made round to go round!

Ben


A813601 - Gosford Park

Post 7

U182074

Anyway, I've removed the non-original parts of the entry; it is now all in my words. Which is good. I've also added a little more (about 4 sentences or so) of my opinion on the film, as requested. So, the next question is "How can I submit it to Peer Review?" Or, does it not matter that it is currently in Alternative Writing Workshop....I need a bit of guidance as to what I can do to get my entry into the edited guide! :D


A813601 - Gosford Park

Post 8

a girl called Ben

It seems much better to me this time around - though that may say more about how sleepy I was the last time I looked at it. I haven't seen the movie, and it made me curious about seeing it. I personally like the fact that it isn't a standard review.

You need to remove the entry from the AWW - if you go to the main AWW page you should see a little X if you are using the Brunel skin or the word 'remove' if you are using the Alabaster skin at the end of the line with the entry on it.

Click this - and you will remove the entry from AWW. Sometimes it takes a while for the serverst to catch up, but once it is out of AWW you should get a 'Submit for Review' button or link on the entry itself. You can use this to submit it to PR.

Peer Review will probably suggest subheadings, they may suggest re-ordering the text, they will pick up typos, and they will recommend you remove the comment about your opinion about the Oscars. PR is extremely useful and every entry I have submitted has been improved by going through the process.

Don't expect anything very speedy to happen in terms of being picked and edited. The wheels of h2g2 grind slow.

Thanks for putting your entry into AWW - and good luck in PR!

smiley - ok

Ben
smiley - brr


A813601 - Gosford Park

Post 9

U182074

Thanks again, I'll do as you ask (wow, I'm even kinda excited ! smiley - smiley )


A813601 - Gosford Park

Post 10

friendlywithteeth

Good luck in PR smiley - ok

You should be!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more