A Conversation for How would a community-led h2g2 be run?

h2g2 Leadership

Post 1

J

Without having given it a great deal of reflection, I like this model. I particularly like the separation between the Editor role and the Business management side.

My suggestion is that there are 5 Editors. 2 Community editors. 3 Editors for the writing end of things (1 more because I think that managing this will be more demanding, not because the Community is less important). It's an odd number, which I think is necessary, and 3 is not enough and 7 is too many. I also think that we don't need to define their roles any further now because they'll define their own roles irrespective of our suggestions. When the UG was created, the Editors were intended to basically just be senior volunteers, but it became apparent that we would have to assume more responsibilities and basically make up our role as we went along. I'm not sure there's a better way to do it at this point, honestly.

This is all very exciting, though. As a student of American history, I've always wanted to make a Constitution smiley - winkeye


h2g2 Leadership

Post 2

Z

Oh I feel bad about having to make one myself!!

But we would definately have to draw up a formal one.

Glad you like it..


Key: Complain about this post

h2g2 Leadership

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more