A Conversation for Net Junkies United - Scottish Branch

Campaign

Post 1

Spammer

I'm just starting a campaign here for working at home. This way, I wouldn't miss and hour of internet access whilst travelling - just a thought! Anyone else with me on this one?


Campaign

Post 2

Eggy - XP doesnt like final fantasy VII

Totaly, and free broadband!!!!!!!!


Campaign

Post 3

Eggy - XP doesnt like final fantasy VII

I'm wholeheartedly behind this campaign.

If colleges and universities can offer distance learning, there must be a place for distance teaching. Surely with video links and the like, this could be accommodated?


Campaign

Post 4

Spammer

I agree Eggy, in this day and age it's possible for a lot of people to work at home and I want it!


Campaign

Post 5

Tiger Susie Innuendo, Owlatron's CB!! Major project, major grief!!!

That post was mine, Spammer. I was temporarily trapped in Eggy's persona, not a pleasant experience, I can tell you!
I could warm to the notion of distance teaching, though. With a video link to the classroom, the desks wired to the mains and a remote link, I could make a huge success of my teaching career without leaving home!


Campaign

Post 6

Eggy - XP doesnt like final fantasy VII

But youd have to work during those, what?? 4 months where you were off.
E


Campaign

Post 7

Tiger Susie Innuendo, Owlatron's CB!! Major project, major grief!!!

But I wouldn't mind that, I'd be online!

And think of the knock-on effects:
an immediate decrease in traffic congestion, with no teachers travelling to and from schools, or commuters clogging up the roads and public transport system;
concomitant reduction in stress levels overall;
less pollution, due to a reduction in emissions overall;
and people would be happy to work longer hours than they do already, as they'd have internet access all the time.

This could form the basis of our manifesto, Bev! It could be time to type it up and lobby our MPs, given the huge benefits to be gained across a wide spectrum of issues! This could be the forum on which the next election is fought and won!


Campaign

Post 8

Tiger Susie Innuendo, Owlatron's CB!! Major project, major grief!!!

And it was only three months, smartypants, with a medical certificate for every single day!


Campaign

Post 9

Spammer

*fondly remembers those days*


Campaign

Post 10

Tiger Susie Innuendo, Owlatron's CB!! Major project, major grief!!!

LOL!

In stookie, but online!!!


Campaign

Post 11

Tiger Susie Innuendo, Owlatron's CB!! Major project, major grief!!!

How's the manifesto going, Bev?


Campaign

Post 12

Spammer

Not good - the boss went kinda mental when I suggested it but then again, if I wasn't at work - who would flirt with him!!


Campaign

Post 13

Tiger Susie Innuendo, Owlatron's CB!! Major project, major grief!!!

You're not suggesting you can't flirt online, are you?

I would have to take issue with that line of argument, Spammer!


Campaign

Post 14

Spammer

Yeah - but the problem is - he can't work a PC!!


Campaign

Post 15

Tiger Susie Innuendo, Owlatron's CB!! Major project, major grief!!!

Okay, point taken!!! LOL!!! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post