A Conversation for Marvin at the Party

Marvin and Millie waltzing through the carpark

Post 1

cactuscafe

Ah Marvin and Millie. smiley - love Its Android love.

We often drive past these function rooms on the edge of Worthing, en route for Brighton. I always want to write a story about them. I don't know why. However, now I don't have to, because every time we go past them I will see Marv and Millie in the carpark waltzing through the snow. smiley - rofl.

smiley - love.

Interesting concept, the Android. The robot, the automaton. I have in my possession, a rather tragic poem written by a close relative, which involves living life as if one was an automaton. I am going to think about this, and how it relates to society. Although best to keep it humorous I think. Humour with depth. hmm. Especially as I am writing this completely buzzed out on flu medication and Spanish brandy - so I am drunkenly inspired, and yet prone to intense rambling. smiley - rofl. (so what's new smiley - rofl).

Happy Christmas, mvp. Thanks for the read.

cc smiley - holly


Marvin and Millie waltzing through the carpark

Post 2

minorvogonpoet

Thanks cactuscafe. smiley - smiley

Living life as an automaton? That sounds like an interesting idea to explore. Who or what is the person answering to, and why? There are, I'm sure, science fiction stories that use ideas like this, but there might be deeper questions, such as: to what extent are our actions determined by our genetic make-up, or our early influences?

smiley - doctor"Marvin, can you tell me about your mother? Do you think she rejected you?"

I'm interested in the android personality type (if there can be such a thingsmiley - laugh). I mean the kind of person (usually male) who might have a brain the size of a planet but doesn't handle emotions. It merges into autism.


Marvin and Millie waltzing through the carpark

Post 3

cactuscafe

hullo mvp!smiley - laugh and congrats to Marv and Millie!!

Just thinking about Marvin's mother and it all. Very strange thoughts. heheh. I like strange thoughts about androids and automatons, although I get a bit spooked sometimes. I start seeing peculiar, yet interesting, black and white films in my head, with odd flickering subtitles in a language I never saw before. hmm

smiley - huh

Write on, kid smiley - birosmiley - rofl.


Marvin and Millie waltzing through the carpark

Post 4

minorvogonpoet

Are you going to write something on those flickering black and white films?

I'm looking forward to seeing it. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more