A Conversation for Project: The Human Shoulder

Project: The Human Shoulder

Post 1

Friar

Project Name: The Human Shoulder, A783948
Field Researcher: Friar, the BigDawg, U158503
Department: Medicine
Faculty: Science
Start Date: 10th July 2002
End Date: 28st August 2002
Assisting Sub-Editor: any science editor will be fine, I'm sure

Project Description
In all areas of medicine, references need to be made to the body. In research regarding human evolution, physiology or kinesiology (athletics even) a refernce source for data is extremely useful.

Tackling the entire body would be an enormous undertaking. There is no department for anatomy after all. While the entire body is too ambitious a piece for even a University project, a focused study may be of benefit. Eventually, perhaps the entire human body could be referenced in H2G2 style with H2G2 substance. For now however the story of the human body needs a beginning, this story could begin with a shoulder.

CHAPTERS
Introduction
Useful anatomical nomenclature
The Skeletal and Muscular Anatomy
The Nervous Anatomy
Common causes of shoulder pain and weakness (perhaps to be subdivided)
Shoulder rehabilitation following surgery (perhaps to be included in pervious section)
Therapies and interventions
Links and references

The above sections that are underway have not been generated for common consumption. Basically, I wrote a lot of technical information into them and have not translated that language into lay terms. For example, the Nervous Anatomy is a long list of nerves in the arm. OK, good, that needs to be said of course, but who will be able to sort through that without a translation. Also the pathology section is perhaps too brief. I ceratinly need to do a lot more work in detailing the different reasons for shoulder difficulty.



Further Information Required

None at this time, but thanks for asking.

Ah! If I left something out that should be included please inform me. I would like for this to be a comprehensive work.


Key: Complain about this post

Project: The Human Shoulder

More Conversations for Project: The Human Shoulder

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more